Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • My New Bike!!!
  • stoney
    Free Member

Here is my new toy! Hope you like it!

taka
    Free Member

very nice 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not overly nice

shinsplints

I hope that you are an actual female !

I like the silver theme though (stem & seatpost) but the bar ends are gopping.

Very blingy, but the overall package doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid.

JxL
    Free Member

WOW… now that is pretty sweet. What brakes are those?

thepodge
    Free Member

loose the bar ends and tone down the pink and you have a very nice bike

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Crikey nice bike but pink and red!?

jim29
    Free Member

What weight?

robhughes
    Free Member

very perty.bet that cost a few bob.£2500?

stoney
    Free Member

Jxl, they are 08 Mono Minis.

phildowling
    Free Member

mmm not one for me sorry but it could be worse you could have another top tube 😆

Bet your pleased with it though, hope it rides well

cluke
    Free Member

very nice! I love the whole shiny look! it attracts attention!

theflatboy
    Free Member

it’s a bit like mine, in a sort of not quite but sort of all the same!

🙂

stoney
    Free Member

Rob,
    A few parts are carried over from the old Ti, cassette, rear mech, bb and crank arms/spider. The rest is new and would have cost all new 3.5-3.7k. Approx £500 was already there.
    Not the lightest build though, the tyres and forks are quite heavy. It comes in @ less than 26lbs, but it rides ace and will not fall to bits!

nwill1
    Free Member

Nice – What length is that stem?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Looks good. Loving the silver Thomson kit – sets the ti off a treat.

stoney
    Free Member

80mm stem, and i nearly had black instead of silver, but i remember when i looked at gavgas ti 456, silver was the only way to go.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Like the silver and pink theme – it’s very blingy. Lose the bar ends though.

Didn’t think the Ti456 was meant to be uber light, just uber good.

craig1975
    Free Member

very nice frame….. I want one!!!

rhysboy1
    Free Member

Bar ends on risers? Call the fashion police….

stoney
    Free Member

It certainly is UBER GOOD!!!

And why is everone going on about bar ends?? they obviously have not used them before!!!!

I’ve used them and enjoy their benefits – however, I could never put them on risers.

chewkw
    Free Member

Very nice but take the bar ends off.

What size and how tall are you?

🙂

mildred

Not a colour choice I would set out to build myself (I just wouldn’t think of it), but I think it looks great.

Nice Bike.

stoney
    Free Member

It is a 16″ 410mm seat post, 80mm stem, and im 5`10″. When you drop the seat to go down it feels like a BMX, but longer!

FAB it is!!!!!

And i can appreiciate not everyone likes pink!!!

CountZero

Only two things that jar for me…
    Bar ends on risers: I’ve never needed them since going over to risers twelve years ago, and the layback seatpost. Just can’t see the need if the frame is sized appropriately. I’m 5’11”, I ride 18″ Inbreds with 70mm stems and inline posts and my riding position is spot-on. Whatever. It is a very pretty bike, and overall the spec is spot on. I particularly like the Middleburns, very classy. And X0. Sweet. Good weight, too, just right for an all-day bike, without being too risky on really rocky stuff. Nice.

mcboo
    Free Member

Good choice of frame, nice kit…….now go bash it up around some trails and get it all scratched and muddy like its supposed to be.

“built to go fast” rememeber

and please bin the bar ends……those bendy bits it the middle of your risers mean you dont need them.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Agree with CountZero… make a nice bike look shocking.

stoney
    Free Member

It has allready been out and got v.muddy etc…..and it does go fast.

Mof
    Free Member

Nice, looks really well put together…Love the stem. Just two slip-up’s that need addressing. As already mentioned, bar ends need to go.. but the biggest sin is that nasty bent seatpost. WHY???? Please….! somebody sue Thompson for producing such an offensive item.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

well, i love it. Ok, the bar ends don’t look great… Aut the rise in a riser doesn’t negate car ends, its generally the width. I, personally, swear by bar ends, and have had them on risers before. My new bike doesn’t have them and i much prefer it with ends on… I find climbing better.

Andy

That looks lovely and agree with what Mamadirt and count zero say, but very pretty though!

furry_marmot
    Free Member

bar-ends aside, that’s one of the nicest hardtails I’ve seen on here. excellent attention to detail. happy riding!

bigrich

bar ends are functional rather than asthetic, anyone who objects to them on a looks basis, well, they need to ride up hills more!

IMHO, obviously.

chela
    Free Member

V nice. Those bent seatposts normally look pretty daft, but I like it on here – matches the bent top tube. Those bar ends, on the other hand, do look daft 😛

mingsta
    Free Member

A bit too dressed up for my tastes, but its a Ti456 with some high quality components and will therefore ride like a dream! Enjoy!

tang
    Free Member

where did you get a 410 layback in silver? i even mailed thomson a while back said they might do a run.

stoney
    Free Member

Not sure which supplier my LBS uses for Thomson, but i ordered it early March and i was told they would be in the country mid April. Some things are worth the wait!.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

very bling!!Which isn’t really my thing,but I’m glad that some folk are a bit flash,cos it’s a pretty bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘My New Bike!!!’ is closed to new replies.