Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • My new Bike before its maiden journey
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Bike

Finally finished bolts checked ready to go 😀

happy days

wwaswas

the ‘basket on the front’ is a good look 🙂

wwaswas

You’ve done a good job on the cable and hose lengths though.

neil853
    Free Member

that is well nice, enjoy 🙂

xc-steve
    Free Member

nice! Liking the gold bolts on the chainring.

kayak23

Bench is looking a bit weathered.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Liking the gold bolts on the chainring.

Wouldn’t red ones look better?

Jeffus
    Free Member

I’m off out to ride it now , I am interested to know how it compares to the Orange I have just sold.

wors

I’m off out to ride it now , I am interested to know how it compares to the Orange I have just sold.

me too, hurry up

slowrider
    Free Member

would look way betterer without the red!

RustyMac

Damn that did’t work.

Nice bike though.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The red bits would be better blue to match the decal on the fork.

Apart from that it looks like a winner to me.

SBrock
    Free Member

I love my Butcher too, test rode a 5AM also, preferred the Butcher, felt it climbed as well as the 5AM but felt so much better pointing down and was cheaper than a 5AM frame, also has routing for a dropper post and ISCG05 mounts.

Jeffus
    Free Member

wors,

5 v Butcher, well climbing biggest difference pro pedal was off, 5 really does need it on, Butcher just trundles up all the hills no fuss, techy bits plenty of grip , pretty icy today so was a steady ride blasted it in a few places, to me the 5’s strongest virtue was down hill, and the Butcher seems to match it , if anything it was a bit twitchy compared to the 5 but quicker through the twisty sections, I think the wheel base on my 5 was longer , I had a couple of years to set my Orange up so it was perfect for me the new bike will need some fettling, I think a shorter stem more sag on the rear will get things better, I have some offset bushes which I may just try nudge the fork out a bit and drop the BB , but thats for another day,
    My 5 was 30.8lb and the Butcher is 30.55lb so not much in it,
    my fork, wheels , brakes , seatpost all came off the 5 so build wise it will be a similar weight.
    To be honest they do feel very similar, I would say the Butcher had a more refined feel to the suspension, can’t wait for some warm dry trails.

wors

cheers jeffus, i’m thinking about the nickel or butcher.

billysugger
    Free Member

Video or it didn’t happen.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Its now dusty does that count 😀

I would have bought the Nickel but I am planning on an XC bike to race so wanted to step further away and go a bit bigger bounce, help compensate for my lack of ability. 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Which idiot fitted the chain?

lee93
    Free Member

Nice bike mate!
    Is the rollers on the rear meck standard or up grade?

Jeffus
    Free Member

lee93 they are replacement one with ceramic bearings , KCNC, my old jockey wheels were worn away .

Highly skilled technician fitted my chain Rorschach was his name 🙂

goto say the new Xtr 10 speed shifter is a dream compared to my XT didn’t think it would be so much better.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Found out how to display pics 😳

lee93
    Free Member

Ar I just missed out on some of eBay so will have to buy from crc but quite expensive they look like the red Fsa ones from crc!

br
    Free Member

Looks quite short (in the TT)?

Jeffus
    Free Member

TT is quite short doesn’t feel short when riding, it actually felt a bit too long a reach for me so I’ve put a shorter stem on, not tried it yet, my Orange 5 with a 40mm stem sometimes felt slightly too long for me so I’m hoping this bike will be a better fit. I’ve a funny body geometry.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘My new Bike before its maiden journey’ is closed to new replies.