Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • My new bike :)
  • Mintyjim

Built it on Friday afternoon then did a day at Antur Stiniog DH centre in North Wales on Saturday.

Lovely bike, nice and light to ride, handled the technical stuff with aplomb, forks are great but most surprising was how good the rear shock felt. HRII was fantastic on the front and even the rear tyre was happy in the sloppy stuff.

Finish on the frame was very good, all bolts nicely torqued, BB height perfect for me. I even like the cable routing – full outers for the win. Shame the name is such a pubescent boys webdream; non biking friends/family laughed at the name Nukeproof, so thank god only the frame has it emblazoned all over it – not being a snob, it’s just an awful name!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oooh, two wheelbarrows!

Do you also have two sheds?

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Got wet rot on the garage door frame innit

binners

Tis very nice, but…. BUT… you’ve proven the rule by ignoring it: mudguards have no place on a mountain bike

Now go and sort it aaaaaart!! 😉

RoterStern
    Free Member

Personally I would have chosen a different colour to go with your garage doors but otherwise looks very nice! 🙂

pipiom
    Free Member

Nice bike….yellow grips reqd

Speeder

Why’s your seat at that funny angle?

racefaceec90

i like that 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like the wheelbarrow tabletop jump setup 🙂

ads678

yep, yellow or black grips needed. Correct colour frame IMO but i’d have preferred to have seen murdered out forks with the yellow and black frame.

Mintyjim

one greenhouse;
    one garage (with rot);
    one pigshed;
    two wheelbarrows / tabletop setup.

Agree on the mudguards but that front one is a revelation.

The colour looks lovely in the flesh, really pleased! Agree on the fork colour but I think the dual position only come in white lowers..??

Grips where off the old bike and I likes them, although black to finish it off nicely.

Seat at that angle because it’s how my body (balls) like it after 23 years of mountain biking 🙂

Thanks for the good feedback, roll on Friday for it’s next outing

roverpig

But, but, but, you haven’t told us what size the wheels are. How can we have a discussion about the merits of your new bike if we don’t know what size the wheels are?

matther01
    Free Member

I’d helitape any new cranks you get 😉

Nice bike.

Bregante

But, but, but, you haven’t told us what size the wheels are.

I’d have thought the 27.5 written on the rear tyre would have been enough of a clue. :-

Even if the same written on the seat tube and the down tube isn’t especially noticeable.

fasthaggis

Very nice ,get white rims and grips 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Letraset for the 27.5 logos…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Love it. I looked at the TR. I’m hoping it drops in price even more.

pictonroad

I’m 100% in agreement about the name and graphics. It’s totally cringeworthy, I could not bring myself to ride a bike that took graphic influence from the stickers I stuck on the window of my Mum’s Astra when I was 17.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I don’t get the issues with the name? Nukeproof or Mega?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Awesome looking bike.

Mintyjim

Mosey, I got 10% off and a free hope headset at Bike Active, pretty pleased with that, no doubt it’ll be even cheaper at CRC shortly, that’s generally how it works.
    Really torn between this and the TR, for my riding I’m glad to have gone more travel.
    I was going to hold out for the new Alpine but it would probably have been another £500 and that paid for the forks.

Mintyjim

Nukeproof sounds lame, mega I can live with, they just need to apply more subtle graphics, they’re a bit ott with how many times they write on the frame!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Cheers Minty. I don’t mind the graphics. Plus I scratch everything because I’m useless at riding ha.

I’ll check bike active out.

Mintyjim

Ha, no worries, you’ll be please with the quality of paint/finish, well I was!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Think I’m going silver though.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘My new bike :)’ is closed to new replies.