Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • My name is Keith and I'm the mayor of Islamabad
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I suppose if it’s referring to ethnic origin then it should apply equally to us

Who’s “us” ?

Are you White Caucasian ?

convert

it should apply equally to us, the US and Australia

I think the ‘mercans have ditched the term in favour of ‘European’ for national cencus and the like. Which seems even more presumptive to me (i.e. all Europeans are white).

wicki
    Free Member

Perspective

Barrack Obama possibly kenyan leader of the free world
    the queen i think her family is German
    prince Phillip Greek
    Manual Valls prime minster of france Spanish with Italian wife
    Tony Blair scotish gordon brown also.
    Borris jhonson born in America

slowoldman
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

OK I’ve done a bit of research at it appears that Sadiq Khan is an Indo-Aryan, which comes as a huge relief to me as it contains the word “Aryan”.

slowoldman

Isn’t Indo-Aryan a sub classification of Caucasian?

Cougar

Who’s “us” ?

Are you White Caucasian ?

Sorry, I was meaning white people in the UK, which is what we were originally talking about. I appreciate that not everyone here is white, any more than not everyone here is in (or from) the UK; that wasn’t what I was implying,

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Isn’t Indo-Aryan a sub classification of Caucasian?

Ffs don’t confuse the situation – I thought we had finally settled the vital question concerning what racial type Sadiq Khan is.

Can we please move on to the next important question : what type of Muslim he is – Sunni or Shia?

I’m sure Derek wants to know.

imnotverygood

Does this mean he may be related to Alexander the Great?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can we please move on to the next important question : what type of Muslim he is – Sunni or Shia?

And importantly would leaving the eu have stopped such a thing from happening…

zippykona

Cougar

That’s ok though cos books are good.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I don’t mind Sadiq Khan at all – the man can be a moderating force within the Islamic community.

He is a man that supports gay marriage, has incurred a fatwa and has had a pop at Jeremy Corbyn over antisemitism. A man like that is going to cause a fair bit of cognitive dissonance within both the Muslim community and white community as a whole.

slowoldman

Pakistan is as much a “mongrel” nation as Britain and only came into being post WW2 so rather difficult to define a cultural heritage really

That’s not really correct is it? The partition of the Indian subcontinent after WW2 was to create separate countries based on religion. Over 97% of the population is Muslim.

Anyhow, as for Keith becoming mayor of Islamabad, I just came across this which is sad news and answers a firm NO to that possibility (at the moment anyway):

Gunmen murder Pakistani Activist

bigjim

Hesitant to respond to OP’s trolling and can’t be bothered reading pages of it but I assume he is equally upset, outraged and offended by white/”non-native” people in positions of power in oh let’s see, Australia, Canada, USA….

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ve not read all the posts so sorry if someone has already mentioned it but have you seen what Katie Hopkins promised to do if Khan became mayor 😯
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/katie-hopkins-confims-she-will-run-naked-through-london-after-sadiq-khans-election-as-mayor_uk_572e4a6fe4b0e6da49a65edb

mikewsmith
    Free Member

With a sausage…
    I suppose you wouldn’t expect anything less from an attention whore (well apart from doing it on a fat bike 😉 )

ninfan
    Free Member

Would hate to think that anyone was making religion an issue out of this election…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Sunni

interesting perspective here

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/08/the-secret-life-of-sadiq-khan-london-s-first-muslim-mayor.html?via=mobile&source=twitter

MSP

interesting lack of perspective here

Unless you meant to post another link but accidentally posted a right wing smear job instead.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

posted a right wing smear job instead.

the author voted Lib Dem

I didn’t realise the centre of UK politics had moved so much, does that make Corbyn the new Blair?

as the author has spent a lot more 1 on 1 time with the Mayor of London than you or I it’s a interesting article as it clearly points out he isn’t but also questions the path he took to get to where he is now.

squirrelking
    Free Member

With a sausage…

Here’s hoping someone ‘accidentally’ gives her one with plenty of chilis through it.

Ninfan – you had to get an image taken in Pakistan to prove a point? Wow. Thought we had already done the UK vs Pakistan open mindedness/educated thing already. Oh wait, we did. Although as you so skillfully illustrated, there are exceptions to the rule.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

A right wing smear job written by an ex Islamist? A man who is supported by people like Maryam Namazie and other Middle Eastern ex-muslims who have had enough of left wing apologism for Islamists?

DrJ

Pretty thin stuff – I see a lot of deperate attempts to draw tenuous connections and guilt by association. Not too much about what Khan himself actually did. In other words, a continuation of Goldsmith’s campaign.

From the same source, find out the truth about the KKK and how they aren’t as bad as you think:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/08/klan-s-trump-fans-rip-liberal-media-for-making-them-look-too-racist.html

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Except again, the writer has a lot of support from liberal Muslims. His views are expressed by a lot of liberal muslims and ex-muslim atheists.

Also, I don’t see any defense of the KKK in that article.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I think that DrJ is insinuating that Mr Nawaz is nothing more than a “House Muslim”. I think you’re wrong, the support he has from other Muslim/ex-Muslim progressives indicates otherwise.

DrJ

I think that DrJ is insinuating that Mr Nawaz is nothing more than a “House Muslim”.

I have never used such words, nor would I ever use such words. On the contrary – I am not insinuating anything. It is rather the author of the piece who is doing the insinuating

Except again, the writer has a lot of support from liberal Muslims. His views are expressed by a lot of liberal muslims and ex-muslim atheists.

Such as … ?

Also, I don’t see any defense of the KKK in that article.

“Defence of”? Nothing so crude. More “normalisation of”.

DezB
    Free Member

pissed or otherwise, derek_starship knows how much you fellas lap this kind of shit up.

ctk
    Free Member

Keith Vaz?

DrJ

To take one example of the claims made by Nawaz:

“Khan’s relationships with extremists ran so deep in fact, that he attended events for the jihadist rights group Cage, and wrote a foreword for one of their reports. Cage has since declared ISIS executioner ‘Jihadi-John’ to be a beautiful man live on the BBC.”

If we follow the links, which I’m guessing that Nawaz assumed we would not bother doing, we find …

Sadiq’s Dodgy Dossier Promoted Islamic Extremists

http://web.archive.org/web/20071210192953/www.sadiqkhan.org.uk/key_issues/babar_ahmad.htm

And what Khan actually wrote was:

“The point is not whether Babar is innocent or not, the point is that if he must stand trial it should be in front of his British peers, here in the UK, rather than in the American courts. It is only here that Babar will have his family and friends for support and the ability to mount a proper defence.

At present, as I write this, Babar is still awaiting extradition. He has an uncertain future ahead of him. His family and friends have been united in their support for him and their faith in him. They deserve our utmost respect.

The communities in Tooting have also shown their solidarity with Babar. This is not because of his personality, but because of the principles involved. “

So in other words, from opposing the asymmetric extradition treaty with the US, we are asked to deduce that Khan considers Jihadi John to be a “beautiful man” (though of course even that is a wilful misrepresentation of what CAGE actually said).

I can’t be bothered chasing down the rest of the references – this one alone is enough to show me what is the type of person wrting the article.

DrJ

pissed or otherwise, derek_starship knows how much you fellas lap this kind of shit up.

Yeah – but I’m struggling to see how that makes him, or any troll, feel good about themselves. If I tell people that Starbucks are giving out free iced coffee, and people go and look, is that a great triumph for me?

Drac

Free Coffee at Starbucks?

Sweet!

DrJ

Free Coffee at Starbucks?

Sweet!

Hahahaha!!!! Loser!!! I win!!!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Brown Muslim gets elected mayor of London. Black guy gets elected mayor of Bristol. STW right-wig nut-jobs disappear in a big sticky lump of circle-jerk bigotry generated sperm. It was only to be expected. They’ll all regenerate tomorrow to fellate one another again.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m struggling to see how that makes him, or any troll, feel good about themselves

He probably used to bend car aerials in the 70s.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Such as … ?

Ayaan Hirsi to name one of many.

Why Ayaan Hirsi Ali’s Criticism of Islam Angers Western Liberals

Ms. Hirsi Ali warns against use of the words “extreme” and “radical” to describe as peripheral an ideology which, she argues, is in fact quite prevalent in Muslim communities around the globe, and which leads easily to violence—whether in the form of female genital mutilation or honor killings or wife-beating or suicide bombings. She views the reliance on those words as self-delusion, a soothing, self-administered palliative whose effect is to mask evidence that violence is the largely natural extension of fundamentalist values sternly dictated and widely embraced in Muslim communities—values that encourage harsh treatment of women and strict, even brutal, punishment of non-believers. Her warnings, and those of others who risk their reputations and lives to criticize Islamic institutions, are distinctly unwelcome in many Western quarters, where they are regarded as grievously politically incorrect, and where the “few-bad-apples” narrative of Islamic extremism is vastly preferred.

I wouldn’t have expected you to actually know of many ex-muslim or progressive muslims of middle eastern descent, because you are likely ignorant of the whole scene. Preferring to only listen to the progressive western narrative.

spekkie
    Free Member

Lots of people didn’t want Red Ken or Bungling Boris. They came and went. Life goes on. You get what you vote for I guess?

DrJ

Ayaan Hirsi to name one of many.

Pffttt… like she has any credibility left!!!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Pffttt… like she has any credibility left!!!

😀

So, she says what you do not want to hear – and you shout “no credibility” 😀

DrJ

So, she says what you do not want to hear – and you shout “no credibility”

Nope. She admits to telling lies and I shout “no credibility”.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘My name is Keith and I'm the mayor of Islamabad’ is closed to new replies.