Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • My little Christmas Miracle
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Thanks to all those who provided me with prospective dad advice a few weeks ago – it’s happened rather sooner than expected! Dr’s decided to induce, which didn’t work, resulting in a c-section. Quite the biblical experience – also managed to get a good look at the wife’s insides!

Anyway, everything’s ok, baby is well, wife was / is incredible and is doing well. Both of us are fairly tired, but I believe that is to be expected!

Managed to the sense snap a nice photo of the event – bit of an accidental renaissance thing going on.

Seren Rose a few days later on the way home, slightly calmer!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50754930088_a0f4d72228_b.jpg

robbo1234biking

Congratulations! Glad it all went well. C-sections although routine are quite scary to witness! Enjoy your first Xmas together!

towpathman

Congrats!

TiRed

Congratulations and welcome to the next stage of your life. It will never be the same again. My firstborn just poured me a beer. Time passes so fast you won’t believe.

beej

Awwwwwwwwwww….. Congratulations!

loum
    Free Member

Congrats Ewan and family

MoreCashThanDash

Congratulations! Welcome to the scariest and most amazing rollercoaster ride you will ever have.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Cool pics.
    Also bonus points for not coming out with that trite bollickism MABBDF that people insist on saying even when it’s clear that they’re not really.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fabulous pics, that’s awesome!.

First day of the rest of your life, enjoy.

roverpig

Nice one. Congrats to you both, especially the one who did all the work. You think you’re tired now though 😀

swavis

Congratulations, enjoy every second of any silence you get 😁

bigdaddy

Congratulations! I remember seeing the wife’s insides in exactly the same circumstances- pretty cool! That was 18 years ago now, as TiRed says, it goes by in a flash!

hatter

Awwww bless ‘im.

Congrats.

Scapegoat

Wow, that pic takes me back just over 22 years. Mrs Scape had a section, and my abiding memory was that she looks nicer from the outside.

Massive congratulations though. Today is the day that every single one of your priorities changes, and not all of that is a bad thing.

Welcome to the world little Seren!

5plusn8
    Free Member

Congrats, lovely name!

mogrim

Congratulations, I’d say “enjoy it” but the first few months are more about survival than enjoyment…

It does get better though, just listening to my eldest taking the piss out of my MiL and biting my tongue rather than joining in 🙂

scaredypants

congratulations !

(err, what’s MABBDF ?)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Fantastic news. Well done to all.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Congratulations, what a beauty.

And a lovely name for Christmas Eve.

Ewan
    Free Member

Thanks all!

Every day has been an adventure so far!

(What is MABBDF btw?)

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mother and baby both dancing flamenco?

Poopscoop

Congratulations!

RoterStern
    Free Member

Congratulations! 🍾

andylc
    Free Member

I’m going with mother and baby both doing fine, which doesn’t seem too annoying a thing to say really…??
    Congratulations by the way! Ours came out the right way although there was still a scalpel involved, if it had been me I think I’d have preferred the C-section…

scuttler

Nice one Ewan and crew. Now where did you put those muslins 😉

beaker

Good effort!

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Massive congrats! I’ll be asking for your advice in 7 months… Kind of scared and excited at the same time.

What a Christmas present though! Have an amazing time and hope little stwer and OH are all good.

Kuco

Congratulations!

tomtomthepipersson

Congratulations 🥂

(I very nearly passed out seeing my wife have an emergency c-section)

funkmasterp

Congratulations! All the best for your first Christmas as a new family.

1981miked
    Free Member

Ahh another little baby on the block as my wife says. She is lovely mate, the doctors asked if I wanted to see my daughter being delivered by C section.. my wife declined on my behalf knowing I would have passed out.

It’s the best thing in the world being a Dad, my daughter is 3 and a half now and it feels like we brought her home last month. Time flies by, enjoy the baby stage, even when your knackered and late for everything for a while until you adjust to getting a baby ready to go. I used to love bringing Phoebe down stairs and cradling her while I watched some TV and she just slept in my arms.

Anyway, congrats again and have a lovely first Christmas together.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’m going with mother and baby both doing fine, which doesn’t seem too annoying a thing to say really…??

True. It’s just me that hates it. I think it’s the fact that it gets trotted out regardless of the circumstances and seems, well, like I say above, trite.

Childbirth is amazing, and I’m in awe of how women cope with it. Sometimes easily, sometimes with a day or two of awfulness, sometimes with…

Just seems a bit patronising really.

Baby doing fine, mum recovering from a herculean effort of awesomeness that makes everything else pale into insignificance. Went through hell but has come out of the other end with flying colours and brought a new life into the world. That would be my general viewpoint.

Rather than, yep they’re both doing fine.

Anyway. I digress, hugely.
    Congrats again

Love the contrast between the two photos.

Merak

Congratulations OP.

One of my colleagues mentioned when my wee one was born (2 years ago) that time flies by. He was so right…

Enjoy every minute.👍😊

franksinatra

That is a cracking photo.

Congratulations. Kids are awesome ( most of the time)

Ewan
    Free Member

I am in awe of my wife to say the least! And also the NHS – we had such great care – a few complications (late diagnosed gestational diabetes – hence the planned induction and unplanned C-section).

Have developed a habit of not going anywhere without a muslin now. Also gone from never having changed a nappy in my life to being able to do it in the dark lol

Thank you for all the kind words 🙂

twistedpencil

Bloody ruddy marvelous, have an excellent Christmas!

Klunk
    Free Member

congrats and a merry sober christmas

pandhandj
    Free Member

Now that is worth raising a glass to! Congratulations!

reluctantjumper

Despite having no desire whatsoever to have one of my own it’s always amazing to see others have the bundle of chaos they want, congratulations!

Like the name too, different but not cringy in any way. The only bit of advice I can give you is that in the future make sure you celebrate Seren’s birthday separately to christmas, as a fellow late December baby it’s not great when you’re young and it pretty much gets forgotten every year.

Other than that enjoy the journey!

scuttler

Mrs Scuttler digs the c-section pic and as a knitter that wicked little hat!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘My little Christmas Miracle’ is closed to new replies.