Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • My legs hurt
  • wait4me

And I don’t know why.

For the last few months pretty much every ride has been a painful experience. Have this general ache in both muscles and joints similar to what we probably all get at the start of a ride, but then ease as you warm up. It’s making everything a real struggle, to the point I’m thinking it’s time to give the bike a rest and hit the pool instead.

Wondered if it was just a winter thing, but today was over 10c and still every pedal rev was an effort. Also fear it’s just getting old (48 years young), in which case I no like.

Maybe I need to employ a masseuse, specifically one that looks like Sofia Vergara. But in the real world, any advice on how the hell I get my legs back and get rid of these blocks of wood?

teamslug
    Free Member

Have you thought that you might have an infection. I have just got over a water infection which floored me with similar symptoms. Was worse when it really got hold but it might be worth getting checking out. My legs had nothing in them and my joints ( ankles and knees in particular) were really sore. I think you’ll probably notice if it’s a water infection cos I couldn’t wee properly and when I did it had blood in it. I’m 49 so similar old giffer.

wiggles
    Free Member

Sofia Vergara

I had to Google who that was…

Lost a few hours of my day

iainc

Pool as well, not instead….. 50 here.

Better get checked out first by GP though..

chipster

Sofia Vergara
    I had to Google who that was…

Me too. Wowser.
    As Ian says, see what your gp says.

wait4me

I think I’ll go down the Sofia route before the doctor. Think it could be seen in the realms of wasting the GPs time unless it really doesn’t improve in the next few months. Going to swim again as I’m foolishly considering a Tri before 50 ticks around. And need to be less lazy about stretching, but I’ve always been of the opinion that riding was the best warm up for riding. Thanks and merry Christmas all.

woody21
    Free Member

I’m 52 and experience leg / joint pain – I’ll have a look at this Sofia

MoreCashThanDash

I looked up Sofia, wasn’t quite as amazing as I was expecting from the hype.

wallop

Might sound daft but have you got an intolerance to anything?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘My legs hurt’ is closed to new replies.