Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My left knee…
  • jamj1974

Bursitis is so good that my left knee is trying it for the second time… When I last suffered with it I was prescribed anti-inflammatories which didn’t work and then had a steroid injection which did work.

I have a physio appointment scheduled for next week – but is there anything I can do to allow me to exercise and kneel more comfortably?

J

jamj1974

Christ ,do none of you care about my left knee? Some of you are like me and have a left knee and even then you fail to care. This could be you next you know… I know there are a lot of atheists on here but even you believers are passing me on the other side – where are the good Samaritans?

I used to think this was a good place. I felt loved, accepted – I thought I belonged! I read the original Picolax thread when it was posted, I took the piss out of Horas beautiful penis, you even poured scorn on my posts, treated my views with disdain – how could I fail to feel part of this community.

Even if you do not do it for me, do it for my knee – it has never offended or hurt you…

Rorschach
    Free Member

My knee hurts also……not sure which one.Group hug?

jamj1974

If it is your right knee – lend me your left!

philbert31
    Free Member

Didn’t that win an Oscar?

IGMC……

jamj1974

🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

just the usual rest, and ice advice and stop irritating it.

Conan257
    Free Member

I’ve knee issues as well, mainly the left but occasionally the right as well…

Basically, I’ve done lots of weight training/specific leg exercises.

Half squats, leg raises with resistance etc.

Physio put it down to lots of miles with no conditioning. Changed my gym workouts from 75% bike 25% weights to 50% each. It’s working wonders.

jamj1974

Cheers dudes!

houndlegs
    Free Member

I’ve got bursitis in my right shoulder.
    It hurts like hell most of the time.
    I hate my goddam right shoulder.
    You are not alone.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I had it two years ago after a stupid crash on the bike. The only thing that worked for me was minor surgery followed by draining the knee for several weeks (the knee was about the size of a football and I couldn’t bend it at all). Funny thing with bursitis is that you run the risk of making it worse by trying to exercise the knee without knowing exactly what you are doing as it can stimulate the bursae to produce even more fluid. My advice would be to rest it.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I hate your right shoulder.I know others who aren’t too keen on it either.

Kevevs
    Free Member

In light of current stw forumite blues. I reckon your knee blues is meaningless.

jamj1974

Totally Kevevs. Wasn’t looking to talk about my knee as ‘blues’. I am only looking for advice on how others may have managed to get some relief and maybe continue exercising. I hope that you (and others) realise that I was being tongue in cheek with my second post – trying to be a little humorous.

Sorry if this has caught you the wrong way.

J

oldnick

Ice, but little and often not hours at a time. Mobility is way more important than strength at this point, just flex and extend without pain until the physio gives you some TLC.

Ps my left knee says hi, previously had 3 rounds of bursitis, but currently enjoying partial tear to medial collateral ligament/PCL and possible calf muscles tear/cartilage damage.

#cabinfever

jamj1974

Cheers Oldnick. Yours sounds serious at the moment – hope you heal quickly!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My left knee…’ is closed to new replies.