Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My iPod has died. Any good cheaper alternatives?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Also, how do I go about transferring all my iTunes tracks onto a non Apple MP3 player?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

The three of us in my family have always used the Sony Walkman mp3 players from the NWZ range and never had a problem

My daughter has just bought the latest 16GB version and is very pleased with it, Sony Walkman Bought direct from Sony UK for £99 delivered

According to the blurb you can load music to it direct from iTunes

crankboy
    Free Member

Creative Zen .

No idea but I think the software that comes with the player does it automatically.

Do you need a new player though can you not store and play enough on your smart phone?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martymac

i had an earlier sony mp3 player, it was good, but the software it came with wasnt. this may have changed now though.
    had a creative zen too, it was good.
    now i use a micro sd card in my phone, so i dont have to carry 2 gadgets with me.
    are you sure the ipod is dead and not just a worn out battery?
    they can be replaced, you tube has how-to videos.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Smart phone? Samsung are good because you can swap out the memory card, mine came with 2gb but I swaped the card for a 32gb… plenty of tunes on that.

Samsung Kies will read your itunes library. Im sure the other marks must do something similar.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Take your iPod to the apple store and they will offer you a replacement cheaper even out of warranty.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I have a nokia lumia phone but I’m not sure about storage space? To be honest I hadn’t really considered it as an iPod alternative.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I got my iPod shuffle for brand new from Argos for £20 on their eBay site.

Only 2GB but fits plenty on.

CountZero

Which iPod is it? It could easily be the battery, they don’t last forever, and can be replaced.
    Failing that, you can drag’n’drop music from iTunes into any device, just set iTunes to manually manage music and video. I did it with a Nokia N95, using an 8Gb MicroSD, and a SonyEricsson K750i.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Samsung smart phones aren’t that good ….I’ve filled my phone with music and it’s not expandable for music unless you root the phone …..

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 for Sony Walkmans for sound quality and simple drag and drop simplicity.

neilc1881
    Free Member

Another Sony here, was in the same boat as you. Had 3 iPods that died, got the Sony and have been very impressed with it. I think I paid around £60. Software is not great at changing things once they have been loaded on, but it is compatible with iTunes so I put CDs in there then get genre etc right, select tracks and drop into walkman. Easy enough.

Caher

I got a Scan disc the other day off amazon as my I pod’s too big to cart around, only £30 down from £119. Good for audio books too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My iPod has died. Any good cheaper alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.