Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My iPhone has been stolen: Advice please
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

I’ve had an old iPhone stolen. The value of it isn’t a concern it’s more that fact someone has been on my property, gone through my car and stolen from me. Not a nice thought.

Now the phone was locked and has been switched off. Find my iPhone obviously won’t do anything.
    Can someone help me with the following:

Can people do anything with a locked iPhone, as in it needs a pass code to unlock it?

I would have thought as soon as it was turned on I would get a notification.
    So can the crims actually flash the phone before they switch it on?

Can they access my data?

Or is it useless to them.
    I’ve notified the phone network who say based on the IMEI number they have barred the phone.

Anyone techie’s that’s knows about this able to shed any light on the facts?

aracer
    Free Member

I would have thought as soon as it was turned on I would get a notification.
    So can the crims actually flash the phone before they switch it on?

They can certainly switch it on and do whatever they like with it without it connecting to a network.

jekkyl

My iPhone has been stolen: Advice please

Be thankful & buy an Android phone?!

wrightyson
    Free Member

If they turn it on and it connect it to any wifi or network you will get a notification. And does your username refer to you being in matlock Derbyshire? If so there’s loads of taking valuables from unlocked cars in belper just up the road at the moment.

somouk
    Free Member

If it’s iOS 7 and onwards it will request your apple ID and username for them to do anything with it. Not sure if that is the case if they put it into DFU mode and try and restore but it should be as it was designed to stop theft.

As soon as it’s turned on if it has find my iPhone enabled then it will ping a signal out so keep a watch on that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My iPhone has been stolen: Advice please’ is closed to new replies.