Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • My Hermes!
  • docgeoffyjones

I arranged to have a parcel collected from my house and returned to a retailer. I have had a notification that they were unbale to collect the parcel as it was ‘not suitable. This would be easy to sort out, however the courier still took the parcel!
    I have tried to speak to someone at Hermes but cannot get through their fortress like layers of automated messages and chat bots.

Has this happened to anyone else how did you sort it?

stevextc
    Free Member

I don’t think the courier service matters much. They all seem to have the same layers.
    However if I remember it was Hermes .. different in that they collected the parcel (a rim) then it sat in their warehouse in Lowestoft for 10-14? days

I started a claim as they said they’d lost it and they were still going with the claim when it got delivered indeed I got emailed by the person receiving it to say it had arrived then several hours later asking for more details on the claim. (It wasn’t particularly hard… don’t be put off)

What I learned is they don’t have a clue where or what is going on once the system breaks.
    (I’m not saying its great when it works..just once something doesn’t then it falls apart into very small pieces) and there is noone to talk to.

Based on previous experience I’d just start a claim now as its easiuer than the near impossibility of talking to a person and finding out what’s happening. If it turns up or something you just stop the claim.

docgeoffyjones

It won’t let me start a claim because as far as hermes and their tracking info are concerned they did not collect the parcel. I don’t have it and they don’t think they have it even though their courier took it.

molgrips
    Free Member

O Hermes, my Hermes!

Cougar

Took it from where? Did you hand it to the driver?

funkmasterp

Two minutes……

Just need to get some biscuits. Love a Hermes or Yodel thread and feel your pain OP.

docgeoffyjones

Took it from where? Did you hand it to the driver?

He took it from the porch.

kerley
    Free Member

To use the cliche “you get what you pay for”

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

To use the cliche “you get what you pay for

Not really, my local MH guy is a smashing fella, and really goes above and beyond. DPD guy ditto.

Some of the Parcel force guys though…..

docgeoffyjones

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>To use the cliche “you get what you pay for”</span>

I did not pay anything it was a free service which was arranged by the retailer.

The delivery and collection people are different for us. The delivery guy is great.

Daffy

Do you KNOW that they took it? Did someone else take it and thus it was unsuitable to be collected as there was no parcel for them to collect?

docgeoffyjones

I’m not sure who else would of taken it. We are very out of the way and most people struggle to find my house so it is unlikely some random would of rocked up and taken it.

I have forgotten to leave a Hermes parcel out before and that time the tracking said the parcel was not ready for collection and they would try again the next day.
    I think this is a different thing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My Hermes!’ is closed to new replies.