Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • My helmet smells…
  • coogan
    Free Member

…anyone tried these bad boys out yet? The IXS Trail RS.

wwaswas

take it in the shower and use copious amounts of shower gel on it.

coogan
    Free Member

Tried that. And bleach. Still smells.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

Are they actually out yet? CRC list them as coming into stock on the 30th (not that, that is a “definite”)

I went for a Bell Super, as they are out

.. and have been mistaken for a badger and a skunk since 😯

coogan
    Free Member

Whoops! Missed that bit about the date. So, guess no ones tried them yet!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

A perfect opportunity to introduce you to a handy mnemonic for the biological classification system for all life:

Keep Penis Clean, Or Forget Good Sex

i.e.
    Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species.

Not very useful, but..

HTH 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve had the grey one on order for a couple of months now. My 6yr Flux has finally given up.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Bell Super fits sooooo nicely. No-one misses a bright green one.

[Edit] £80 from Tweeks.

z1ppy

and fatbirds, extra 5% (£4) discount with “5-Special” (limited stock available)

IA

Pull the pads out your helmet, put them in one of the little mesh bags for washing up tablets and put them through a wash.

mangatank
    Free Member

I’ve just received my Troy Lee A1 helmet through the post today. Personally, I think it looks fantastic (Gloss Cyclops version)! The quality of construction is amongst the best I’ve seen, and I rarely skimp when paying for helmets. As for the fit…it’s hands down the best fitting MTB helmet I’ve tried. Straight from the box it cupped my head, and with a couple of turns of the dial at the back, it’s absolutely snug.

All the feature boxes are ticked too. The straps are good quality, with lockable adjusters. The peak can be locked in any position, and the padding looks really high quality. The exposed styrene is also gloss lacquered. That’s unusual. If you ever had the pre 2010 Giro Xen, then it’s a lot like that, only better.

It’s replacing a POC Trabant. God how I grew to hate that mahusive marshmallow of a helmet. Nothing wrong with the quality (very high), or fit however. It just sat very high on my head, and was very wide too.

Troy Lee A1

I got mine from Cyclestore UK. Very quick delivery.

coogan
    Free Member

Pads fine. It’s the straps. Stinky.

Lummox

Got mine smelling nice with the muc off helmet foamy cleaner. Worth a try

jamesy01
    Free Member

Leave helmet in direct sunlight. UV kills bacteria that causes the smell, works on sweaty camelbaks too!

hs125
    Free Member

Fill kitchen sink with hot water, add biological washing machine liquid, and submerse helmet. Swish it about a bit before rinsing off. It will take a while to dry, but easier than refitting all the pads, and the straps get clean too.

coogan
    Free Member

Done all that too! It is over 3 years old, so probably due an new one anyhow.

kinda666
    Free Member

Dishwasher??

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘My helmet smells…’ is closed to new replies.