Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • My helmet is old and not looking good any more.
  • fasthaggis

So with plans to get a new motorcycle ( big trailie/Motad)in the spring,I have been checking over all my kit. Boots and riding gear are still pretty good but it’s new helmet time. What have biker folk found to be comfi, quiet and a nice fit. I am not a ton up kid anymore and had half a mind to go for something enduroish with a peak, but a lot of helmets have build in sun visors now anyway so that might be annoying on long motorway sections.

Budget around £300. Cheers.

brads
    Free Member

I have used most in my time.

Shuberth are seriously high quality in the flip front sun shield game.

I’ve used AGV and am now using an Arai Debut. (cheapest yet comfiest, paid £275ish)

More important than brand or style, is that it fits properly, so don’t go buying online without trying, and for gods sake don’t go into a shop and try then all on, then buy online, that’s worse.

There are plenty cheap helmets about but if your budget is £300 then that’s what to spend. Buy the best you can afford, but make sure it fits.

weeksy

https://revtothelimit.co.uk/index.php

Shoei NXR from Sportsbikeshop.com for me.

uggski

Same story as MTB helmets. You really need to go and try them on. Buy the best you can afford. Unless you are riding an adventure bike with a windscreen I would avoid the peaked helmets as the peak can make them noisy and do get dragged around by the wind

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘My helmet is old and not looking good any more.’ is closed to new replies.