Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • My GMAIL account has been hacked. Ignore any emails from me for a while.
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just found out that I have been mugged in Spain apparently.

Now I can’t log into gmail.

Please ignore any gmails you get from me until I give the all clear and please let anyone else know.

Sorry for the general message but some of the BBB people may be getting these emails too.

Sorry folks.

bruneep

is this a viral ad campaign? 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So you don’t actually need me to send you money western union because you have been left with none?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I just got that mail!

I suspected it was dodgy straight away!

iDave
    Free Member

Wow, everything stolen at gun point! Good luck, what a terrible situation….

DezB
    Free Member

This one?

My sincere regrets for this sudden request, things actually got out of control
    on my trip to Madrid,Spain . I was mugged,all my belongings including mobile phone
    and credit card were all stolen at gun point. I need your help flying back home.

Am cash strapped at the moment. I’ve made contact with my bank but the best they
    could do was to send me a new card in the mail which will take 2-4 working days
    to arrive here. I need you to lend me some money to sort my self out of this
    predicament, i will pay back once i make it out of Madrid.

Western union or moneygram is the fastest option to wire funds to me. Let me
    know if you need my details(Full names/location) to effect a transfer. You can
    reach me via email or hotel’s desk phone and the number is,+34 9 463916637.

Thanks!

Bum, just wired £200 over! 😉

Moses

and I was just about to call the phone to see how you were….
    😉

Hope you get it sorted

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you do want to give me money I will be at a special event in the New Forest in a few weeks time*.

Thanks bruneep – hadn’t thought of that yet! 😉

soma_rich
    Free Member

I wasn’t sure if it was real or not. Its quite a believable email though. I emailed them asking what bike you ride.

Glad you haven’t been mugged.

juan
    Free Member

Well funny, but my first reflex after the e-mail was to come here and see if it’s was real.
    Saddly I am stupid enough to actually though it could have been true 🙁

Drac

If in doubt then you can always google the txt

MrNutt
    Free Member

Ha, I got that this morning, I’ll tell the Maybach full of rhythmic gymnasts to turn around and come home then.

binners

Damn – I’ve already ordered a revenge hit on the perpetrator. There’s a tooled up ex SAS psychopath just boarded a plane for Madrid. Oh well….

Haze

Ah, wondered who Nick was!

Hope you get home safely 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

Wow! I don’t even know you and I’ve received an email from you. What an age we live in!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Weird thing is I am in Holland at the moment and my wife rang to check I hadn’t been mugged!

she was ‘fairly’ sure I wasn’t in Spain…

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I kinda believed the story, but the language didnt sound like you 🙂

I ignored it anyway thinking ‘ah, he’ll be alright’

MrNutt
    Free Member

hahaha “faily sure” I’m not suprised Nick, I’ve always had you flagged as an “International Man of Mystery”

cbike
    Free Member

If it makes you feel any better, my account classes you as spam. 🙂 Now I know who that contact is!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It is a right bugger trying to get the account back. Security questions like :

Q) What year and nmonth did you open the account?
    A) About 3-5 years ago but maybe longer

Q) What are you most common email addresses?
    A) Check my address book, I never type them in full

Muke
    Free Member

Juan …” Well funny, but my first reflex after the e-mail was to come here and see if it’s was real.
    Saddly I am stupid enough to actually though it could have been true”

Same as that

Did the gunman have a BBB gun ? 😉

Moses

I tried ringing the number for the hell of it – it’s dead.
    Shame, I’d have like to have spoken with the man on the line.

camo16
    Free Member

Anyone worried that this is the hacked message, not the first one? In which case, WorldClassAccident IS in Spain, HAS been mugged and is now in urgent need of assistance – while the impostor is casually chatting to us on STW?

So we need an ingenious approach to determine whether this WorldClassAccident is the real WorldClassAccident. If not, we’ll have to leave our offices/homes/love nests immediately and scour Spain (particularly the areas with good MTB terrain) to search for the poor s*d.

Not that I’m paranoid…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well I’ve just spoken to WCA’s wife, and she informs me he is in Amsterdam today. So panic over.

Like most folk I imagine, I suspected scam straight away, but if a mate’s genuinely in trouble, then you’ve got to try and help.

WCA is an idiot, but he’s not stupid, he’d make his way to the British Embassy or something, and be sorted in no time. In fact he’s probbly use the whole thing as a way to promote BBB….

DrP

I’ve already got an aid convoy on the way to spain as we speak…

DrP

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Look what happened last time

British Army Invades Spain!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually, he’d probbly just post on here and within an hour or two would be sitting in a nice bar with Madrid-based STWers buying him drinks….

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Elf is probably right for once

RichJJ
    Free Member

Just got the email too (caught in filter on server) Initial thought was “obviously a Scam” second thought “it is WCA, so maybe….”

iainc

Yeah. Got that this am too. Didn’t know who it was till now !

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Yeah I received an email from you. Released it was a scam as I was think why would WCA email me?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

SI, anyway, WCA, you now owe me the £2000 I sent to you via Westen Union money transfer. I’ll come over at the weekend for it in cash, OK?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Weird thing is I am in Holland at the moment and my wife rang to check I hadn’t been mugged run out of money on the Reeperbahn and resorted to desperate measures!

Ahh wives, how well they know us 😉

eoulous
    Free Member

hi,
    ‘read your post regarding your camelbak. are you still selling it?
    thanks

mmb
    Free Member

i got one also but from a nick clark who was part of the first bullheart team with me and others of course.
    oh hang on that is you isn’t it.

richpips
    Free Member

Hehe just checked in to see if it was for real or not.

Nick if you’re stuck for email contacts, I’m sure we between us can give a reasonable list.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Initial thought was “obviously a Scam” second thought “it is WCA, so maybe….”

You just never know with WCA. He blew his car up near Basingstoke once. 😐

juiced
    Free Member

i was concerned and that email was pretty believable for those who do not nhow you current location etc.

You didn’t answer my 4 security questuions though and just asked for 600 more euro..the cheeks of it.

I had to block (software i have) 2 security attacks and unlplugged my broadband

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘My GMAIL account has been hacked. Ignore any emails from me for a while.’ is closed to new replies.