Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • My flabber is gasted!
  • the-muffin-man

My daughter sent me a text earlier panicking that she had accidentally signed up to one of those premium quiz texts (£4.50 per text!).

I found some contact details on the ‘tinternet – emailed them without any hope of a response – got a reply within 10 minutes – and confirmation within 15 minutes that her number had been removed from their database and no charges had been made to her number.

Looks like even scammers offer better service than some big name on-line retailers!

😀

wwaswas

Looks like even scammers offer better service than some big name on-line retailers!

It’s not really a scam and they get hammered with fines by Ofcom if they get caught behaving like it is 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Congratulations on the outcome and using a phrase in the title that I don’t think I’ve heard since my granddad died about 25 years ago!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

someone unwittingly signed up to one of these services on his work-issue-for-work-use-only phone. Work being police. He had a bit of a shock when Professional Standards asked to speak to him about his £1000 work phone bill 😯 .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘My flabber is gasted!’ is closed to new replies.