• This topic has 25 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • My Five Tens are soaking
  • highpeakrider
    Free Member

Three rides in three days and they are soaking both pairs drying out, takes them ages stuffed with paper under a radiator.

May have to resort to walking boots, any ideas fairly cheap but OK on flat pedals that are currently in the shops?

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Cheap skate ones from Sports’Direct
    Used to use Airwalk ones, bout £30

survivor

Invest in some waterproof socks. Doesn’t matter if the shoes are wet then.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What survivor says.

Simon

What they said^

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Specialized 2fO 2.0 would be a good bet. My 2FO Cliplite Lace hardly soak up any water at all and dry crazy quick. Unlike my old Shimanos that took a week to dry out.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I stuff mine with nappies – own brand supermarket ones can be a quid a bag. Not quite over-night, but not far off.

astormatt
    Free Member

https://m.startfitness.co.uk/cycle/footwear/scott-fr-10-mens-flat-cycling-shoes-black-251843-1009.html

Put my clipless versions in the washing machine after a trip to bpw last week, stuffed with newspaper and stuck on a radiator and were dry in 3-4 hours.

legend
    Free Member

Buy a shoe dryer – £30 or so, will rock your world

guandax
    Free Member

Put them on the radiator.

mactheknife

Get a life 🙂

theboyneeds
    Free Member

What guandax said. Radiator for 24hrs. Job done in time for next ride. Almost.

weeksy

Start drying them now, should be ok for April.

pogo217
    Free Member

+1 for the shoe dryer, £35 ish from amazon

vincienup
    Free Member

^ weeksy 😆

wordnumb
    Free Member

Or use it as an excuse to stay in front of the telly snacking.

bigblackshed
    DickBarton

Stick on top of radiator, they’ll dry quicker (assuming radiator is on), stuff with paper also helps.

batman11
    Free Member

As bigblackshed said the endura overshoes should do the job nicely.

joebristol

A mate I go riding with swears by wrapping a load of cat litter up in newspaper and stuffing it in 5-10’s. Then place somewhere warm like an airing cupboard / on top of a radiator and they’ll be dry pretty quickly.

CheesybeanZ

Ours go in the airing cupboard .

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Senn so many of these threads and have just got. The Endura overshoes myself but can’t help wondering why Five Ten have yet to bring out a decent winter boot . All they need to do is copy the design of many Spd boots that are out there and put their sole on it .

Black Disposable overshoes
    For £1.79 who cares what others think in the wet and mud.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Elements version of Five Tens are better. They still take time if proper soaked but not as bad as the old sponge does.

Generally, sealskinz and two pairs of shoes does me, along with keeping feet out of deep puddles.

goffy63
    Free Member

Ive bought some of these http://www.fiveten.com/us/bike/all-mountain/freerider-eps-high-core-black
    work great and keep your feet toasty for the UK cold and slop.

TiRed

Newspaper and oven dry if in a hurry. Platewarming setting works fine.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘My Five Tens are soaking’ is closed to new replies.