Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • My first build – Cotic Soul from mostly Boardman bits – how, what, why, help?!
  • james
    Free Member

“Apparently these forks were the 80/100mm variety so the spacers were already out”
    Eh? that a new one (to me)
    The original?/previous reba was internally adjustable from 85-115mm, the current one 90-120mm?

I know of newer air recon/toras being 100mm max, but until this I was sure rebas were 120mm max (with no spacers)

How possible is it the LBS are spouting tosh?
    It would give them more chance of selling you something else and get them out of possibly damaging your forks?

Which bit of getting to the travel spacer is troubling you?

chiefgrooveguru

Which bit of getting to the travel spacer is troubling you?

Merely getting the fork lowers off for a start!

It does feel nice at 100mm though, so I can live with that for the forseeable future. Would be good to know how the hell to get the forks apart for the next service though – and then I can personally investigate the travel/spacer situation.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Here’s mine with Revs at 130mm. Seems pretty good to me, feels good at 140 too but front end is a bit noodley.

Cracking bike, built it just before Christmas to replace a Chameleon which I don’t miss in the slightest.

I’m afraid I don’t have a green door, but the workstand contrasts nicely…

cy

My I join the group and say that build looks mint! Hope your convelescence goes well. Who’s your LBS?

Leku
    Free Member

IMGP3282 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr

Well if we are going picies….

140mm Revs

chiefgrooveguru

Cy, it’s Freedom Bikes in Brighton. They just happened to have the right size and colour in stock when I called them with fork frustrations… I’m pleasantly surprised how chilled out the handling is with 100mm forks – maybe I’ve spent too many years riding a Brompton!

All you other orange Soulites, your forks may be longer but my tyres is MOAR LARGE!!! 😉

wwaswas

ooh, I’m in Brighton. Can I steal your doors for my beach hut?

chakaping
    Free Member

Start a facebook page for those doors, I’ll become a fan.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I was running mine on Nokian NBX 2.3s at first but switched to some Medusa 2.1s for the muddy winter. It feels a lot more lively up hill!

Other bits include XT drivetrain, Hope X2s, Hope Hoops with Crests, Hope seatpost and stem and carbon monkeylight XC bars.

Love it!

cy

Coolio. Nice to hear the Freedom lads are looking after you.

chiefgrooveguru

Rode it for the first time today, ankle didn’t break. Bit of a twinge on landing after a small hop off a speed hump. Hoping to take it on a proper (but gentle) ride on Saturday.

chiefgrooveguru

Out on its first proper ride:

Am riding it slowly and carefully at the moment (can’t risk falling off and can’t take even small drops (8″+) on the ankle) but it feels nice. Gravity Dropper seatpost is absolutely bloody marvellous! Clearly will only know the truth about the ride/handling once I’m back to my normal level of radness…

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘My first build – Cotic Soul from mostly Boardman bits – how, what, why, help?!’ is closed to new replies.