Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • My first bike….
  • nickfry228
    Free Member

My first bike was a Viscount Tracker, (yeah I know, sounds like a couple of biscuits). It had front suspension, which had a tendency to come apart when I pulled a wheelie, and a drum brake up front.
    Did anyone else on here have one?
    What was your first proper ride?

rascal
    Free Member

Raleigh Tomahawk. My bro had a Budgie 😳

toys19
    Free Member

Vintage Sunbeam with solid tyres and rod brakes.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Falcon pro not mine pictured but the same model. There were bikes before this I think.? But I can’t remember them.

Edit, here it is in action with me. 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

no idea what it was called

racefaceec90

i had a blue tricycle with a white seat (with a pink elephant sticker on the seat 8)

nickfry228
    Free Member

Those tassles are the nuts!! I

Euro
    Free Member

Snap! My first was a candy apple red one of those.

rOcKeTdOg

Mine was in B&W

singlesteed
    Free Member

Raleigh grifter in stealth black the big version.

Was a nice steed if Clint Eastwood rode a 26er that’d be it!

devash
    Free Member

My first decent bike was if I remember a Huffy White Heat like this one;

Clicky

The plastic ‘knuckle guards’ did it for me, as did the day-glo yellow paint.

I had that thing for years, would be out all day in the summer.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

First great bike was a Raleigh Boxer. Mate had a grafter, but its all down to wheelsize. Boxer was smaller, more nimble, better turning and lighter. Some things never change 😉

Northwind

Me on the mighty Raleigh Marauder Index.

Yeah you read that right, the special edition Index model, none of your pov-spec friction shifting here. Well OK, on the front, yeah. But 6 glorious clicks on the back, playground toptrump winner.

Had a BMX, a Strika and a Raleigh Budgie before that.

SaxonRider

I am currently awaiting a picture of my first bike from my parents. In the meantime, an image from Google of the first bike that I bought for myself, and so was not a hand-me-down, will have to do. Please say you have never seen anything cooler.

It was so popular with the kids on my street that we used to all use it in the neighbourhood ‘log-jumping’ competition. That is, we used to take a toboggan and turn it upside down to create a ramp. We would then support it by sticking logs under it, and then add one log in front to jump, followed by one more, then one more, and so on until no one could clear them all.

kayak23

Not my first, but the first I truly remember loving with all of my being.

Then the first I saved for myself with two paper rounds. Used to go and look at it in the bike shop every few days. They must have gotten well sick of me.

Peugeot Aubisque

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘My first bike….’ is closed to new replies.