Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My first Antur Stiniog visit
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

Went to Antur this week with some mates. Absolutely loved it. Just used my Trail bike, but still had a whale of a time – wasn’t too far behind my mates on their DH bikes except on the most rockiest rock garden section where they just hammered through them as I slowed up and picked my way down. Think I might rent one of their DH rigs next time to see what they’re like as my bike took a real pounding through the day – broke a spoke, the headsets all loose, my gear cable broke. I’ve spend all morning repairing it and prepping it for this weekends rides. I can’t imagine it would fare too well after another few sessions – it took a real beating, I now understand why DH bikes are a good 5 or so pounds heavier than a long travel AM full suss trail bike. Managed to get down everything apart from the double diamond black, so pretty pleased about that. But I thoroughly enjoyed it and already planning another visit and taking an unhealthy interest in DH bikes!

Thoroughly recommended even if you think you’re not into gravity stuff. Its a great laugh and a good day out. I was a bit intimidated initially on my trail bike in amongst a load of big burly DH rigs, but the folks at Antur are really friendly as were the other riders that were there.

rockhopper70

Sounds good, 10 of us are going in September, all 40+ and on trail bikes.
    Law of averages suggests someone will have a big off…..

scruff
    Free Member

you wont regret buying a DH bike if have the time /place to use it.

wrecker
    Free Member

+1. Fantastic place. Great people.

chakaping
    Free Member

broke a spoke, the headsets all loose, my gear cable broke.

You got off lightly. That place is brutal on bikes. And bodies.

kayak23

It’s a great site but can be bad in strong winds which are quite common in them parts.
    Had to pedal downhill last time I went.

Had a big otb on the big drop near the start of the double black too.
    Very quick uplift.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My first Antur Stiniog visit’ is closed to new replies.