Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • My first, and probably only blog, have a read
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member
    epicyclo

Read it. Things were looking pretty grim for you there.

It does get better and better. Never forget that when you’re feeling the frustrations of not being able to do things you take for granted.

allthegear
    Free Member

Wow!

I can’t even imagine how scary that must have been, both for you and your loved ones. Really glad to hear it sounds to be getting better now, though?

Rachel

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Going home for the weekend tomorrow. Hopefully get discharged next week.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Crikey. Get well mate.

StuartW from uk-mtb.

bassspine
    Free Member

wow. Thanks, perspective regained for my life’s little problems, trivial compared to that

chewkw
    Free Member

That’s very scary. 😯

Get well.

iDave
    Free Member

can i suggest you write more than this one blog on your challenge as in future it can be a useful reference to others facing the same thing? good luck

paul4stones

WordPress says: “Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)

Shop of Horrors”

Sounds about right.

You seem to be making a more rapid recovery now – long may it continue! All the best.

Diane
    Free Member

Terrifying. Get well soon and well done!

Harry_the_Spider

Crikey.

Get well soon.

…and in the time honoured tradition of the STW forum MTFU! 😉

Markie
    Free Member

Horrific. Good luck in your recovery.

emsz
    Free Member

Scary stuff. Glad to hear you’re getting better. Your wife sounds amazingly calm. I’d be a mess. I’ve bookmarked it you have to carry on writing now.

Bregante

That really is shocking Paul. Recognised so much of what you described in what I went through but clearly having read that, your experience of GBS was FAR more severe than mine. Have a good weekend.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Oof – thoughts go out to both you and your family. That is really rough. Maybe if you carry on your blog it could help other sufferers. Good luck and healing vibes.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Bregante, I dont know if mine was far more severe. Certainly quicker, but I probably repaired quicker too. I don’t know if there is a best way to get GBS!

TiRed

I spent all summer sitting in ICU with my sister. It’s not a great place. Glad you are starting to recover. Write about things you have achieved at least once a month, it will help. Oh, and watch your wife for PTSD.

Pigface
    Free Member

Heres hoping for a full recovery.

paulosoxo
    Free Member
    sharki
    Free Member

Keep them coming mate.

A scary situation to be in and then relive through words.

However those words will give others strength and hope should they ever end up in such a place.

To share the pains and pleasure from ones own journey is a powerful gift to give. I’ve seen and felt it with my own story.

rb
    Free Member

Omg good luck and best wishes

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers. My wife kept me a diary and the nurses have put bits in. Might eventually get round to typing that up

paulosoxo
    Free Member
    MrNutt
    Free Member

Christ mate, what caused it? best wishes you’re quite a fighter, heal quick!!

Lifer
    Free Member

Hi Paul thanks for sharing and hope the recovery continues apace! Glad that you’re back on the bike too.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers

Mr Nutt, it was probably caused by sickness and diahorrea, aparently, the virus pretends to be part of your body to get around, in this case my nerves, my immune system then went nuts, killed off the bug, but decided to keep going and strip my nervous system, at least, thats my basic understanding of it.

Joeseph Heller had it too, I’ve just finished reaidng ‘No Laughing Matter’ which is his account of it all. I think my blog is better though 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member
    Alphabet

I’ve just read your blog. You should write more if you can. I’m glad things are improving. Good luck and best wishes. Thanks for sharing.

grantway
    Free Member

Serious stuff Glad your pulling through and sharing your story.
    Best of luck 😉

swampi
    Free Member

Well done mate, keep strong and keeping going, I have worked in a ICU since 2003 and its always interesting hearing events from people after they recover…..

keep riding

beckykirk43
    Free Member

That really puts things into perspective! Thanks for sharing your story – glad to hear that you’re getting through it!

epicyclo

Good that you are improved to that extent.

You certainly appreciate small improvements after going through that lot.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘My first, and probably only blog, have a read’ is closed to new replies.