Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • My first 29er
  • sandwicheater

Say hello to my new ride, Scandal V2. First full build on my own and was remarkably simple. Really love it on the tight fast flowing singletrack, tis grin inducing. Still getting used to the dropped post, keep forgetting I’ve got it!
    Only thing left is pop a brown saddle on (should arrive today) and align the front tyre (put it on the wrong way around and didn’t pay attention second time around as I was angry with myself).

Untitled by sandwicheater, on Flickr

cp

nice 🙂

tis grin inducing.

I had exactly the same all the way the first ride on mine last week – it just felt ‘right’.

mattjg
    Free Member

Good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    haggis1978

Very nice. So you did it twice? 🙂

roverpig

Sweet looking bike.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it and any differences or similarities you’ve noticed compared to other bikes you’ve ridden.

cranberry
    Free Member

Shouldn’t your bush be trimmed a bit neater than that ?

Drac

Dog needs a drink.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Brake lever angle way too low!

happyrider
    Free Member

My first 29er too. Drive needs sorting, hedge needs trimming and Ivy killing, rear tyre logos don’t line up. But it’s nice in black and white and an utter bargain!

In fact I could use the money saved to buy a hedge trimmer….

sandwicheater

Tis a very unruly bush (and on the long list of garden choirs) and the dog got a good dip in the canal on the way home.
    A lot of firsts on the bike (first 1×10 set up, always 3×9) so I’m just trying to work out what’s making the difference. My old stead was a on-one 456 with 150 revs up front.
    Really easy on the long climbs, I mean really easy. Don’t really notice the little bumps on the fast single track in the rear as much as I did on the 456. I think I look 17% more awesome but I could be off a few points. Thought I’d miss all my travel but I’ve not noticed it once.

mattjg
    Free Member

A lot of firsts on the bike (first 1×10 set up, always 3×9) so I’m just trying to work out what’s making the difference.

Big wheels roll better and get less obstructed by trailcrap, that’s it really, just like all the “industry marketing conspiracy foisted on us to sell more bikes” says.

rOcKeTdOg

Nice, the polished/raw ones look great. There’s not much more sstisfying than building up your own bike. Even better when it doesn’t fall apart on the first ride!

sandwicheater

Was surprised when nothing fell off 😆

Was really tempted with the FF29 & Solaris but £200 for the frame, it was so cheap! I know on-one have some haters but £200, i’m too ham fisted to notice the subtleties between those frames.

mattjg
    Free Member

& ps congrats on your first self-build, mine doubled my fun from riding. And you can now use bikes shops when you want to, not because you have to. That helps reduce stress & frustration levels too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘My first 29er’ is closed to new replies.