Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • My feet are killing…resistance training?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

This week I upped the level of resistance training on the turbos. After 20 minutes of warming up I switch to 53/12 and max resistance on the turbo for an hour of plugging.
    My feet feel like someone has stamped on them, related?

scaredypants

pedalling hard for the first time can be a bit of a shock 😉

flap_jack
    Free Member

and your training objective was ??? Can’t imagine any decent result to this.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mudsux
    Free Member

What turbo are you using?
    53/12 and max resistance for an hour would indicate you need something with a bit more oomph.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A 53 chainring? How do you ride sportives with that?

oldgit
    Free Member

It’s a basic Tacx Sirrius. The idea was to replicate racing cross in heavy mud for an hour.
    Only do that once a week, we have a good twice weekly night time 100km going now. So this is a sort of weight session.

oldgit
    Free Member

A 53 chainring? How do you ride sportives with that?

Sportives on road bikes are so last year, full knobbly hardtail 29er with cow bell is where it’s at now.

dobo
    Free Member

puny feet syndrome?

ditch the turbo and do some ballet exercises…

you may want to introduce a ballet warmup before a cx race 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

What’s the pain killer that doesn’t stop you poo’ing? I’ve been limping for two days you gits.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Sportives on road bikes are so last year, full knobbly hardtail 29er with cow bell is where it’s at now.

😀

dobo
    Free Member

What’s the pain killer that doesn’t stop you poo’ing? I’ve been limping for two days you gits.

well i just put your last question into google and the first hit was this.. and i must say there some funny stories about pooing! im sure someone there would know for sure..

Did you ever think you were going to die from a shit? from AskReddit

TiRed

What cadence are you riding? And you want some voltarol emugel. Not cheap, but works when you rub it onto feet. If you are spinning at 100 in 53×12, you need more resistance!

oldgit
    Free Member

God no, cadence doesn’t come into it. Just pure slow pushing.

BadlyWiredDog

It’s your body’s way of telling you that turboing is bad. Take heed. Sell the thing. Go ride your bike instead.

oldgit
    Free Member

I love my turbos, no I really do.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Shoes too tight??

Only asking 😆

flap_jack
    Free Member

This only makes sense if you’re training for cyclo-cross single-speed. Surely not…

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Obsession appears in all sorts of guises.

oldgit
    Free Member

You know when you just can’t hang on to the bunch, or a lap of your cross is just draining you. You just want to press on the pedals a little harder, but can’t. well I thought this might help.
    I’m getting good road miles in even though it’s getting darker, getting in a good night XC in as well, and the weekend racing of course.
    I know what I’m doing seems very ‘Heath Robinson’, but you know when you’re body is trying to tell you something, that’s what this feels like.

ahwiles
    Free Member

your feet have got muscles and stuff too, maybe they got tired?

oldgit
    Free Member

Strangely they feel right as rain after racing today.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘My feet are killing…resistance training?’ is closed to new replies.