Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • My dog insists on….
  • Handsomedog
    Free Member

…eating her dinner whilst sitting in one of my shrubs. She’s raw fed, so there are lots of raw bones, pigs trotters, whole rabbits, that kind of thing, and she won’t eat them except whilst sitting in a plant. She’s currently smashing a small, ornamental conifer to pieces while she dismantles a trotter. I’ve put a bed outside for her but she eats and then transfers onto this.

The other dog is happy on the concrete patio.

Why are dogs so weird? Anyone else have a dog who insists on a specific dining location?

devash
    Free Member

Our dog will eat anywhere, but if we give him his chow straight after a walk he’ll regurgitate it in a corner somewhere and come back to it later. 😯

JoeG
    Free Member

maccruiskeen

She’s currently smashing a small, ornamental conifer to pieces while she dismantles a trotter.

I’m prepared to bet that in the entire history of written words those letters have never been arranged in that order before.

Drac

I thought you were going to say on being called Tobias.

slackalice
    Free Member

Your dogs are either Timber Wolves or Spiney Back Terriers (nee Alligators) and you can have my £5

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A shrubbery?

bails

The in-laws had a spaniel who used to do a lap of the kitchen table every time he had a mouthful of food. He take a bite from the bowl, walk around the table while chewing, arrive back at the bowl just as he finished that mouthful, take a fresh one and go round the table again. Always the same way. And if you tried to stop him he’d force his way past you.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I knew a Tobias. He was on G wing a few years ago.

No-one ever took the mickey about his name. 😯

onehundredthidiot

Dave’s current weird behaviour.

If too hot and there’s somewhere to dig he’ll make a scrape and lie with his belly on the cool earth. So far so good. But to mark it he’ll pee. While belly down in the earth so basically peeing on himself.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

She’s raw fed, so there are lots of raw bones, pigs trotters, whole rabbits, that kind of thing, and she won’t eat them except whilst sitting in a plant.

She is probably craving some vegetables.

Her farts must be spectacular…

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Our dogs have mixed food, when we put their dinner down they both eat the meat. Then swap bowls and eat the biscuits from the opposite bowl.

gobuchul
    Free Member

My dogs will ignore fresh water in their bowls and drink the manky stuff out of the recesses on the man hole cover in the garden.

the-muffin-man

My dog won’t eat out of a bowl at all (it may kill him!).

We have to put it on a plastic mat on the floor. And even then he approaches with caution!

Handsomedog
    Free Member

@ScottCheg

Her farts must be spectacular…

She does get veg as well – actually she barely farts at all now. When she was on kibble she was capable of clearing most of the downstairs of the house, let alone a room!

@SlackAlice

Your dogs are either Timber Wolves or Spiney Back Terriers (nee Alligators) and you can have my £5

Sorry, a Rottweiler and a staffie-cross. It’s the staffie-cross who does weird things with her food.

wilko1999
    Free Member

One of our dogs goes and gets a mouthful of his food from his bowl in the kitchen and brings it in to whichever room we are in and then crunches it down. Rinse and repeat until his bowl is empty.

sandwicheater

It’s broken, send it back.

On a side note, ours loves sitting on Rosemary and no matter how hard we try, will destroy any we plant. Just plonks herself down on it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘My dog insists on….’ is closed to new replies.