Viewing 40 posts - 3,801 through 3,840 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • Houns

Jeez I’m going to the pub

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Just swore loudly on a park bench. Follow on target must be around 75?

Houns

They’ve avoided the follow on (according to a comment on the bbc feed)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rogermoore

We avoided it before we started batting.
    RM.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

a yes true that. had my mind on shorter formats of the game. much like the England test team BOOM BOOM!

rogermoore

Ha! If it is any consolation, Stokes, Buttler and Bairstow all average 40+ at this ground in tests?
    RM.

Houns

Calypso collapso

dannyh
    Free Member

That ticket I’ve got for Sunday looks like a poor investment now. I don’t know what to wish for – get this over with by the end of tomorrow so I don’t go at all, or pray that both teams remember that they aren’t playing in the Big Bash……

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This is embarrassing now.

simondbarnes

All out by lunchtime?

dannyh
    Free Member

The Stokes shot sounds like a howler. Stokes is the guy who has sown most flexibility in his batting approach over the last couple of year too – but, pressure and all that….

You can’t score runs in the shed FFS!

Klunk
    Free Member

Houns
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Make it stop.

PLEASE!

lunge

Now is the time for Butler to score some runs…please…!

grum
    Free Member

This rabble don’t deserve to win the Ashes. If we can’t beat Australia without their best player by far….

tjagain

Thats it. I am in hiding. Mrs TJ is going to be in such a bad mood! Help me.

boxelder

Thinking positively – better now than chasing a low total to win in the fourth innings…..?

Houns

That’s another pint

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Towel has been thrown in.

ddraiggoch
    Free Member

🤯

simondbarnes

That’ll be that then. 67 all out. Hmm.

ddraiggoch
    Free Member

Perhaps this is what’s needed to make the selectors and coaching staff realise that test matches are not T20?

Houns

Shocking stats

Klunk
    Free Member

they have to find a proper captain.

cheers_drive

There really was some bolox being written last night by ‘experts’ saying England were going to win the ashes now.

rogermoore

What a shower, all that good work undone.
    Sweep on the Aussie 2nd Innings score anyone?
    RM.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I think Aussies will bat and bat and bat to rub it in. 500 odd and bowl England out for 100 second dig.

Houns

That many?!! (England’s 100 of course)

Houns

Ooh…

tjagain

Morgan for captain?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well…

athgray
    Free Member

I turned on the radio just over an hour ago expecting to hear England passing Australias score for the loss of a couple of wickets.

I was scratching my head wondering why England were bowling. I thought I was listening to highlights of another test.

It must be demoralising for Englands bowlers who did well yesterday, particularly Archer.

dannyh
    Free Member

It must be demoralising for Englands bowlers who did well yesterday, particularly Archer.

Which is why Australia’s game plan now should be to bat until they’ve got as many as they can – really grind the England bowlers into the dust. It doesn’t look like they’ll manage that now – but they will still have enough to win the game unless England find a magic spell from someone.

scuttler

Geoffrey doing a Geoffrey.

Houns

And there goes Archer

Klunk
    Free Member
    DanW
    Free Member

Morgan for captain?

His back can barely last an ODI and he’s no spring chicken so it’ll never happen.

It would be good to have a *proper* captain rather than do it football style and just give the “best” player the title. The problem (as it was before Root was appointed) is a lack of candidates. Who are the strong leaders who can not only be a tactical mastermind on the field but also whip the ECB in to shape and handle the off field more political stuff and put a long term plan in place like Morgan appears to have done for the ODI side?

dannyh
    Free Member

Good thinking from Denly, nice to see the classic village cricket tactic of ‘old-manning’ get a run out in a Test. Maybe Jofra could do it, just hobble slowly enough to lull the batsmen into a second and then laser it in over the bails.

Houns

All out for 50?

Viewing 40 posts - 3,801 through 3,840 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.