Viewing 40 posts - 3,521 through 3,560 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • martinhutch

#PrayForDD
    #FairWeatherFan

Stickball is a cruel mistress, indeed.

What a let off for England.

spacemonkey

One of the most bonkers Tests I’ve listened to.

simondbarnes

Madness

spacemonkey

Now that’s over I can go back to watching Le Tour. Looks like a particularly challenging stage already. #WFHrocks

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ooooooooof.

Chastening day at HQ for the lads. Seeing the conditions, it never really looked good for a second innings of nearly 200. England’s bowlers were on form today too so…ah well. It was fun for a couple of days. I can go back to ignoring stickball now. 😀

Bonkers test. Murtagh will always have his first day and coming in with a decent enough chance to win was as much as Ireland could have hoped for.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spacemonkey…

Houns

Bloody eck, I forgot my headphones so couldn’t listen to it at work

senorj

Fwiw,Junior J (nearly 7!)has attended a cricket “camp” this week. He loved it .
    I’m delighted , least of all becauseI can now give my bloody knees a rest from the football!

frankconway

Operation Cricket has begun; hosts in Birmingham now prepared for 15 guests for two days and three nights.
    Magnums of red and white packed in car for the hosts.
    Tickets at the ready for Thursday and Friday.
    Edgbaston here we come.
    WooooHoooo!

convert

I can feel myself weakening – best part of August off work….. I could just get the Now TV Sky sports subscription for a month……..not seen live test match cricket for 14 years……but then again I could just listen to TMS on headphones and actually get stuff done.

Klunk
    Free Member

England XI: Rory Burns, Jason Roy, Joe Root, Joe Denly, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, James Anderson

Moeen Ali ????? I know the Aussie don’t like off spinners but really ?

if they get through the top order it’s bit crash bang wallop from 5 down… so it’s smash 300 as fast as possible and hope James Andersion is bending it round corners.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Broad, Woakes and Anderson will bowl the Aussies out on their own and England will only need one batsman to tee off successfully to complete the job.

Royston
    Free Member

I’m definitely worried about Englands chances in this series they look very fragile and unlike other Ashes series Australia have had an XI squad in the UK since before the World Cup getting used to ‘English conditions’ which is very often Englands advantage. The openers issue has not been solved. Root is having to change his favoured position to compensate for this and our bowling threat is old. I think Pattinson and Starc will be salivating over the new ball and for some reason Nathan Lyon always seems to cause the England side problems, much more of a wicket taking threat than Moeen Ali.
    Really looking forward to it and desperate for England to do well.

frankconway

Wicket described as being ‘….like a cat’s skull’ – apparently an Aussie expression meaning it’s hard.
    Combine that with forecast of cloud and the ball is likely to move in the air and bounce.
    Neither side have a strong top order so – win toss and bowl first; that applies to both teams.
    I’m tipping Woakes for a fifer.
    Into New Street by 9.30am, bus or walk to ground, soul limbo and acapella Jerusalem; then we’re off and Sir Geoffrey is back on TMS so all is right with the world.
    ….and did these feet in ancient times……

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Bat first but then what do i know. Christ i’m nervous. Too close to call,  Best bowling attack wins, therefore I’m backing England but I imagine it will be close.  Goosebump madness watching sky.

Houns

Supplies got, settled in for the day. Hope England Men can make amends for the poor performance by the Women’s team

Klunk
    Free Member

he bloody nicked it! so much for new fair play aussies

ddraiggoch
    Free Member

What do you expect? The cheat didn’t walk…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

” we would be sitting in the wreckage of Edgbaston if that had been given” haha TMS

Houns

I would’ve heard the cheer here 10 miles West of Brum

ddraiggoch
    Free Member

I’m prepared to sacrifice Edgbaston, and Birmingham in general really

Houns

“Same old Aussies, always cheating” love it

Houns

BooooooooooooooooooooooooooM!

ddraiggoch
    Free Member

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

ddraiggoch
    Free Member

Even better, it was missing 😂😂😂

Couldn’t happen to a nicer chap

Houns

See you Bancroft

ddraiggoch
    Free Member

He wasn’t a happy chappy

ddraiggoch
    Free Member

Just spotted what the supporters in the Hollies stand are waving: sandpaper 😂

Houns

Klunk
    Free Member

another non walking aussie! (and poor umpiring decision)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

well this is going rather well

Klunk
    Free Member

Wayward Stokes

Houns

Reluctantly it’s good to hear Boycs back

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

switched off after 10 mins of Boycott.  Amazed I lasted that long .Sleazy moaning old man. Change the record. Not missed at all,

Klunk
    Free Member

30 seconds here. miserable nasty ol’ git.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Jimmy is going for a scan on his calf after feeling some tightness. Come on Woakes and Broad.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

but Boycott said it was poor captaincy and we were letting off them hook? #whotobelieve

big blow

Houns

Yeah finding it increasingly hard to separate his cricket talk and pee taking of Aggers to the rest of his bigoted and misogynistic guff

convert

Jimmy is going for a scan on his calf after feeling some tightness. Come on Woakes and Broad.

This is not good news.

Boycs – could do without him tbh. He only has about a dozen points and ‘jokes’ he rotates through and I’ve heard them for over 20 years now. Too many intelligent past cricketers of a more recent generation and of a more palatable disposition to need his input.

Klunk
    Free Member

cobblers, lucky!!

Viewing 40 posts - 3,521 through 3,560 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.