Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Six slips now!

Houns

More people to drop a catch

joelowden

Don’t need them…… .

Houns

I’m going to keep slating the catching 😂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Six wickets now!

😁

Houns

Can’t catch for toffee

*waits*

Houns

All out for 100 Shirley ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Close, Houns, close!

drlex
    Free Member

Would have been right if Broad hadn’t been bowling village. Day topped off with another Somerset win; looking forward to tomorrow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good morning everybodeeeeeee.

Klunk
    Free Member

england putting india to the sword now! lead of 123 should declare now at tea and bowl ’em out before the weather sets in 😉

drlex
    Free Member

Nah – have a biff after Tea and then bowl a dozen overs before stumps.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I wonder who MOTM will be? Double honours board, utterly fantastic!

I have been painting my house all day today, complete joy to listen to TMS for 8 hours

Klunk
    Free Member

that will be it for the day match will resume monday!

Klunk
    Free Member

weather not looking quite as bad as forecast so may get some play today

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, declaration and get amongst ’em?

Klunk
    Free Member

depends how many tickets have been sold for tomorrow 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No declaration.

Smash a quick 50, then?

drlex
    Free Member

Odd decision – would have thought it is perfect for bowling, and the forecast for today isn’t great.

Klunk
    Free Member

Smash a quick 50, then?

need to hit it first

chipster

396-7 declared.

chipster

Vijay out for a duck.

India 0-1

Klunk
    Free Member

the gammons in the members are currently muttering about “the lefty nonsense”.

Houns

Houns
    All out for 100 Shirley ?

what he said

joat

Good job they batted this morning, it made a day of it.

cheers_drive

Win in under 2 days worth of play, favourable conditions or not, that’s a thrashing.

theotherjonv

Long post (bear with me)

So- setting aside rights and wrongs of the case (there’s another thread for that) – on a purely playing basis

Should Stokes go back into the side or rather, as he’s been added to the squad I’d assume they are serious about playing him as he’s the best all rounder of his generation…..so who makes way?
    Woakes is last man in but with 137* and 4 wickets he’d be tough to drop.

Curran is the ‘weakest’ player (OK, all rounder) in the team in theory but has hardly let himself or anyone else down.

Rashid has been picked for a reason, but in spite of a drought and heatwave, the weather has presented us two ‘swing round corners’ test matches so he hasn’t really been called on so far. If Trent Bridge is the same, I think he might be the one to make way and use Root as a back up spinner if needed

But that then gives a side with 2 bowlers, and 4 all rounders (OK, Curran’s a bowler who bats and Root would be a batter who bowls but you know what i mean)

Then you get to the more off the wall ideas.

Ollie Pope did nothing wrong (and can catch!!), but could go with the batters moving up one in the order.

Buttler could go ……but I see him as integral to the style England want to play in the middle order, so unlikely.

Cook needs a score but first man in can always be feast or famine, he got two jaffas in T1, and one thing about Cook is that you know he’ll sooner or later come good. And who’d move up to open? Buttler? Warner style to dominate, but his technique is also pretty good, as in that ODI where he batted through to win the game rather than biff and bash.

Broad…… getting on, can’t really bat any more and hasn’t done anything…….ah, no, wait!  hasn’t done anything until the second innings at Lords when he was unplayable – he is to bowling what Cook is to batting. And because batters set up games but bowlers win them, you need Broad in case today’s the day he just clicks, and it’s not as if he’s bad when he isn’t being brilliant. And it’ll swing at TB, and it’s his home ground, and……

So – on balance i think Rashid.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d go with Rashid out for Stokes if you want him back. as was shown in the Ashes it’s his attacking nature that counters Root’s conservative nature to get the team in the right positions. though if it swings and it’s damp no real need for any changes

cheers_drive

Rashid would be the obvious one for Trent Bridge where it usually swings. Broad can’t be dropped there, it’s his home ground and he destroyed the Aussies there a few years ago.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I don’t think Stokes should get back in.  As you’ve said the others haven’t done anything wrong.  No point going in with 5 pace bowlers, 4 should be enough so you might as well keep Rashid in just in case.  The situation Stokes got himself shouldn’t be ignored or condoned, I don’t think he should be banned but he’s got to see that getting drunk and knocking people out isn’t compatible with being a professional athlete.  It’s his fault he wasn’t in the team so he should wait his turn to get back in.  Unless he can bat at 4 or 5.

Klunk
    Free Member
    drlex
    Free Member

Ha! I suspect he’ll be more MIchael Vaughan than Mark Ramprakash.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TMS v Tailenders today at 1600, red button/interweb/5Live Sports Extra.

Was a giggle last year

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Could be a bit spicy.

Houns

Tried to get tickets for it, looking forward to 4pm!

lunge

Could be a bit spicy.

Chuckles and wonders how many others will get said comment.

theotherjonv

Whoever’s playing, go well.

lunge

Whoever’s playing, go well.

Cheers…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s getting tense here, run rate dropping for the TMS team

theotherjonv

Catchin Tendulkar!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.