Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • dantsw13

This is why our test cricket is on the wane, but it’s great watching!! Next 3 in Morgan, Buttler & Mo !!!

dantsw13

To be fair to Aus – their fielding has been remarkably good.

johndoh
    Free Member

Bonkers, utterly bonkers. Heading for the highest ODI score by some margin at the moment.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“Great news, Bruce, we got a wicket at last!”

“Fair dinkum, Bruce, who’s in next?”

“Buttler, Bruce”

“Oh, crap…”

slackalice
    Free Member

@CFH, your opening gambit for your team phone call just needs to be hysterical laughter, ending the call, calling them back with more hysterical laughter and repeat at least once more before uttering a syllable 😃

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s like the paperclip game

Klunk
    Free Member

400 is up

Klunk
    Free Member

you can’t bowl there! or there!

Klunk
    Free Member

42 off 12 balls for morgan 😀

martinhutch

You can’t post fast enough to keep up. Now record fastest ODI 50 (for an Englishman).

Klunk
    Free Member

morgan going to hit a hundred at this rate

Klunk
    Free Member

LOL

Klunk
    Free Member

450 up

Klunk
    Free Member

LOL last 50 in 3 overs

Klunk
    Free Member

boooooooo

calypso collapse

martinhutch

Typical England – some early promise, then it fades away leaving us just short of a decent total.

theotherjonv

– yep, raced home to see records broken and the end of the carnage, and it’s been shit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well one record at a time, save the 500 till later in the series

slackalice
    Free Member

Let me get this right, Australia won the toss and elected to field? At Trent Bridge? 😂😂😂

Good call. 😂😂😂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Typical England – some early promise, then it fades away leaving us just short of a decent total.

😀

Klunk
    Free Member

behind the run rate already 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Aggers on TMS earlier,

There’s been some brilliant fielding here today. Mainly by the crowd.

🙂

Houns

Also

“umpires will have to ice their shoulders”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And Moeen gets Head, that will be satisfying

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And Moeen gets Head, that will be satisfying

Houns

Oh how I hate watching the Aussies get thumped

Houns

Dreadful

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Australia’s biggest ever ODI defeat looming?

Klunk
    Free Member

i can remember the days when if run rate went above a run a ball you were in trouble 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

brutal stuff from england talk about sticking the boot in!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Outstanding.

Houns

*ripples*

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well you have to say somebody like Warner and Smith could put 100 on each so that is still England winning that one 😉

I’d have preferred to see them beaten with the Bogan in the team but off we go

I also wonder what England would have scored in a few games if they had batted first rather than chase most of the time

fifo
    Free Member

😮

Bear
    Free Member

Call me old fashioned but you need a balance between bat and ball. That has been removed from one day cricket now.

Much as I love seeing us thump the Aussies (maybe we should declare next time!) now good balls are going for six and are clearing the boundary by considerable distance. Think it was Butler who pulled a ball from way outside off and got in no position or shape, but ball still flew over the boundary.

Realise Trent Bridge isn’t the biggest too but some of those were worth 12 they went so far.

theotherjonv

Call me old fashioned but you need a balance between bat and ball. That has been removed from one day cricket now.

Not always, there have been some seam friendly games quite recently – only last week England lost 7 wickets chasing 214 – and there are times when you just have to marvel at the hitting. But as TMS said yesterday, you wouldn’t want to watch this every game and I do think the balance has been skewed, not least by muscle bound gym enhanced players with 3lb+ bats where as you say, even a half hit ball still flies over the rope.

Limit on bat weights?

martinhutch

Did we enforce the follow-on?

fifo
    Free Member

Call me old fashioned but you need a balance between bat and ball

The english bowlers coped well enough. It’s not our fault the crims are shit.

Bear
    Free Member

It’s not the weight of the bat but how they are made these days that has the biggest influence. I don’t think bat weights are much heavier than 10-15 years ago.

2 balls has had a big influence, sides rarely get reverse swing in 50over games now.

theotherjonv

another suggestion on the BBC website, that I’ll admit has crossed my mind about the disparity between batting and bowling ……

“Flip me, Jimmy, you’re bowling brilliantly today. Shame i’ve got to take you off, but i need you for later”

vs

“Effin hell Jonny, you’re seeing it like a bloody football. Keep going lad, you could get 200 here!”

Do we increase the allowance for bowlers – say 2 bowlers are allowed a max of 15 each and the others are limited to 10?

or –

Batsmen retire after say 75 balls = 1/4 of the innings, but can come back in at say 5th wicket down?

I know cricket likes its records and it’ll mess up highest / fastest scores, best bowling averages, etc., but anything to make it slightly more even?

Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.