Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Broad reaches his 50 with two sixes!

Smashing.

(Great minds, Klunk! )

Klunk
    Free Member

Anderson hits a 6 😯 to bring up the 450

Klunk
    Free Member

458 all out

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’ll do.

Klunk
    Free Member

pig

Klunk
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Blowers. Legend.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Won’t be the same without him 😥

leegee

When SA tour its usually a tough series but already its looking pretty one sided. It’s a shame about all the injuries.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Blowers is ace, asked to ring the bell by the Lords cronies and turned up dressed like a beach ball. Legend.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Blowers is ace, asked to ring the bell by the Lords cronies and turned up dressed like a beach ball. Legend.

Rang it like a man possessed too 😆

Interesting first hour!

drlex
    Free Member

Poor old Dawson!
    Root won’t have to worry about when to declare.

simondbarnes

Good, proper old fashioned England collapse.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just got to the airport. Rather glad I missed that session by the looks of it!

drlex
    Free Member

Tail-Enders having a knock, Would hope that 300+ is defendable on this wicket,

RichPenny
    Free Member

😕

😆

Screw toy cricket, this is what it’s all about

Junkyard
    Free Member

only going top be one winner now

Klunk
    Free Member

72-7

simondbarnes

94-9

simondbarnes

Top win for England women vs the Aussies 🙂

simondbarnes

All over 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

I haven’t seen any of it yet, but it’s nice to see Moeen get some wickets. I’d persist with Dawson for a few games – anyone can fail with the bat, but he does try to rag it when he bowls and I’d much rather have a spinner putting revs on the ball than trying to wheedle out wickets. Spin the thing and the flight etc takes care of itself to a certain extent and has a greater effect.

mefty
    Free Member

That was a pretty good day, thought we were in trouble but felt Wood and Bairstow did enough to put the game beyond them. But wow, they really went down quickly. very pleased for Moen. Underrated as a cricketer and comes across as an exemplary, and therefore important, guy for the future of English cricket.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PSA- Ask the umpire at lunchtime now with John Holder. Always excellent.

yetidave
    Free Member

250-6 SA struggling a little.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ask the Umpire at lunch was brilliant. I now know what happens if a batsmen puts a ball into orbit.

Was fitting my new hope brakes at the time. Bliss

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ask the Umpire at lunch was brilliant. I now know what happens if a batsmen puts a ball into orbit.

Somewhere in the archives you could also find out details such as, “If two fielders knitted their beards together and then caught the ball in them, is the batsman out?”

Silliness aside, it’s always a highlight listening to him. Lovely voice, and fascinating content.

mefty
    Free Member

TJ will not doubt be pleased to find out.

scaredypants

only following on BBC updates but not looking great

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I chose a good day to go cycling

theotherjonv

just seen Amla’s LBW (I’m a few mins behind on catchup….)

Obviously out by DRS but would never have been given in the old days – benefit of the doubt always went to people coming down the track to the spinners.

Warne and Murali would have 1000 wickets apiece with DRS.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

All out by tea?

theotherjonv

Probably – bookies have SA 7-1 on and they’re not often wrong.

However – 5 large partnerships……..

scaredypants

tea – isn’t that quite a long way away ? 😐

Junkyard
    Free Member

the collapse is starting early

100 all out looks like a target at the minute

spacey

I’m always stupidly optimistic in situations like this, tough going at the moment though. If Cook and Root can hang in there til lunch it has to get easier.

Have to wonder if Jennings and Balance are up to it, Stoneman to come in next test?

spawnofyorkshire

<Sigh> not a great result looming at Trent Bridge </Sigh>

Interesting match in Colombo though http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-zimbabwe-2017/engine/match/1104483.html

Zimbabwe could turn over Sri Lanka despite having been 59/5 in their second innings, but posting 377 to set SL 388 to win

And SL’s Keeper is called Dickwella (I’m such a child)

aracer
    Free Member

Jennings has to get at least another chance, even if it’s not looking promising at the moment. Ballance probably deserves a chance batting further down the order – he’s been at 4 for Yorkshire. We could easily drop a bowler and have him come in at 5 (with Bairstow, Stokes, Ali down to 6,7,8) – the only question then is who to bring in at 3. It’s a shame Hameed seems to have no form, otherwise he could open with Jennings at 3.

Klunk
    Free Member

Ballance probably deserves a chance batting further down the order

Ballance has been “worked out” at international level, they’ll keep getting him lbw where ever he bats. (besides he’s a ****)

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.