Viewing 40 posts - 6,081 through 6,120 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • fazzini

Well played mr brook

I remember watching him in U19s and thinking he’d be a good test player given the chance. Glad I was right for once 😁

theotherjonv

some distinctly horrible shots being played 😉 – I think he needs a sit down with nice Mr Boycott who will be more than happy to tell him how to bat properly.

Serious – the way T20 has influenced the way TM cricket is played is brilliant. TM still remains the pinnacle, but this is so much better than watching someone grind out a hundred in 250 balls.

Klunk
    Free Member

seems the aussies are opening the door for some green tops (Jimmy Specials) for the ashes

Klunk
    Free Member

first ball duck for Root, when he finds his form this side should be unbeatable!

Klunk
    Free Member

what were you doing when 18 ? going out to bat for England @ Karachi ! dancing down the wicket and out, impetuous youth ! 😉

saucemerlin
    Free Member

Serious reverse swing going on now. Could be a quick mop up of the tail.

saucemerlin
    Free Member

Poor review here.

saucemerlin
    Free Member

The thing with Wasim here is that there is no mystery. He only reverses it one way and shows the batter the ball too. But as Matt Prior said on one of the best explanations of reverse swing, it is one thing knowing what is coming, another to actually keep it out. It runs contra to what a batter usually does. You don’t want to get your foot to what looks like the pitch. Instead it is low backlift, front foot open.

saucemerlin
    Free Member

He looks like he might waste this reverse swing ball – bowling too straight.

saucemerlin
    Free Member

Bit he did just reverse one away from Foakes.

simondbarnes

Bit of a Pakistan collapse!

theotherjonv

Well played the new kid!

TIL – that distance until impact is still a factor in lbws.

I thought Crawley was a goner there; from experiences of umpiring in club matches you’d never have given that, too far down, can’t predict that much more flight, etc. So glad that there’s a >3m clause that stays with umpires call, seems right in terms of benefit of the doubt.

And now we’re 41-0 off 4 overs. Everyone’s been saying they’ve had a wonderful time and reception in PK but they seem in a rush to get on an earlier flight!

Klunk
    Free Member

boy done good!

Klunk
    Free Member

lol Cheating bastards blow a review!

Klunk
    Free Member

LOL send out the boy! slog away lad slog away 😀

boxelder

Brilliant – love it. Youngest debutant ever given the chance to bat after his 5fer, and in his Dad’s country of birth. Hope he hits the winning runs.

theotherjonv

Not sure he’s really number three material.

Klunk
    Free Member

cracking tour for Duckett.

drlex
    Free Member

^great for him, after his disappointing 100™️ experience.
    England ladies continue nicely with their Windies tour.
    BBL had the surprise of a 15ao and the Ashes are around the corner – what a time to be a cricket fan.

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

well played England.

Klunk
    Free Member
    Klunk
    Free Member

One day series starts in 7 mins, talksport unfortunately 🙁 hoping Archer takes it relatively easy and is working towards the ashes.

pk13

Looks like the sun’s out S/A need the win but I cannot see it tbf

spacemonkey

So SA finish their innings at 6 an over, then Roy and Malan kick off Eng’s reply with 10 an over before settling into a slightly less aggressive rhythm. Probably as expected.

dantsw13

What a very English way to f&&k up a nailed on position🙈🤯

Klunk
    Free Member

oof! nice to see Root in the runs again 🙂

82 out of 97 in boundries 😀

Klunk
    Free Member
    drlex
    Free Member

Agreed, although not a surprise, given that the pitch was super tailored to the home team’s bowling strength and handedness of visitors’ batting.

theotherjonv

More ridiculous, irresponsible cricket from Stokes and co.

Don’t know whether to be impressed or put the purist hat on and write a green ink letter to the TCCB.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/62866039

pk13

Well I had it in my head it started tonight not yesterday lol.
    Brain fade is a thing.

spacemonkey

Wow. Day 3 is turning into something else. Quick fire runs in the first session, a more sedate (by Eng’s recent standards anyway) middle session, then Broad having one of his spells and demolishing the NZ top order.

Royston
    Free Member

I went to the first day, I thought I was going to see Ben Ducket get a Hundred in the opening session. Then it looked like Harry Brook was on for his fourth consecutive ton.
    Great day out, Great weather and Superb English support.
    Subsequent days have been equally entertaining.
    England haven’t won a test match over here since 2008 so what’s that? 15 years even longer since they won a series here.
    I remember two years ago Jofra Archer getting flogged like an old cart horse on a tour here but this time round it’s looking good! Archer might even play in Wellington.

dander

Good win that. And nice to wake up to an Aussie collapse. Last 7 wickets for 27 😄

drlex
    Free Member

Plus the women won their T20 W.C. match against India yesterday. Top weekend!

dander

Wow – England were 30-3 when I went to bed, every ball looked like taking a wicket on a green pitch. And I wake up and Root and Brook have put on 300 plus 😳

drlex
    Free Member

Likewise nodded off after the third wicket, so when the cat woke me at 3, and I saw the score, I thought that I was still dreaming.
    Be nice to see Mr Brook top this list soon – https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283173.html

dander

Some all time greats on that list. And Gary Ballance 🤔

Klunk
    Free Member

thats gotta hurt after deciding to field! the fear of facing Jimmy on a green top!

spacemonkey

Same here. Watched those 3 wickets fall and thought the worst. Made it to lunch then fell asleep but kept the commentary on. Woke at 4:30 listening to some filler chat and assumed we’d been bowled out and the Kiwi openers were padding up. Checked phone and couldn’t believe Root and Brook had added nigh on 300 runs before rain. Another bonkers day.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,081 through 6,120 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.