Viewing 40 posts - 5,281 through 5,320 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • lunge

Test match cancelled by the sounds of it, the Covid in the India camp has given the England team the fear.

mefty
    Free Member

Test match cancelled by the sounds of it, the Covid in the India camp has given the England team the fear.

I understand Indian players have refused to play – scared of getting covid and missing out on their lucrative IPL contracts. India have forfeited the test so the series is a draw. Unsatisfactory.

Houns

Hmmm

Ah well there go my plans of sitting outside the pub listening to tms this afternoon

mefty
    Free Member

May not be forfeited, press release has been reissued and has had that sentence deleted – big argument ongoing apparently.

grum
    Free Member

India have forfeited the test so the series is a draw. Unsatisfactory.

Seems like this is still being debated, could be ‘abandoned’ rather than ‘forfeited’ which would mean India win 2-1. Even though India deserve to be ahead it doesn’t seem right if you can pull out of a test with the result of winning the series.

Edit: just saw mefty’s post saying same

martinhutch

It definitely should be a forfeit. England are ready to play, India has stuffed up its covid protocols and isn’t.

Houns

I can quite imagine the ECB are thoroughly pissed off, any covid insurances they have in place to recover costs must require teams to have positive test results?

Houns

England today

(Of course I joke, they’ll be extremely pissed off)

grum
    Free Member

Wonder what ‘test cricket is the pinnacle’ Kohli will have to say about this (if he didn’t care about upsetting the BCCI). Can’t imagine he will be too happy about losing the chance for a proper away series win as captain.

lister

Bugger. I had two quiet days at work coming up where TMS was going to keep me company. I actually work better with the team chatting away so my productivity is going to drop now. Ah well, time to put the kettle on!

grum
    Free Member

There seems to be talk now that it’s just being postponed indefinitely rather than cancelled.

roverpig

I wish they’d shut up about test cricket being the pinnacle of the game. It might be for me, but it quite clearly isn’t for the players or the people in charge and saying it is just annoys people. Well it annoys me anyway 🙂

The only reason this match isn’t going ahead is because players don’t want to risk catching Covid and missing out on the IPL. Basically the IPL is more important than determining the result of a major test series and to hell with those fans who are still daft enough to care about test cricket.

To be fair the ECB have also prioritised white ball cricket over the test format for so long that I’m not sure they even know they are doing it anymore.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

A real anti-climax to what has been a great advert for test match cricket. Unfortunately it shows that its no longer the revered form of game it once was. T20 is now king.

How long until a test playing nation gives it up entirely. Can seriously see Sri Lanka or Windies going down that road at some point this decade.

leegee

T20 Finals day, hopefully Kent win with Stevo taking a leading role.

lunge

Thought this might be of interesting to some on here, Greg James’ podcast on Allen Stanford. Im up to episode 2 and it’s fascinating.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p09k7ctp

Houns

Thanks for the reminder lunge

Shame about Mo retiring from test cricket, always hoped his best was yet to come

lunge

Mo is a real shame, never really settled in Test cricket and always felt like a stop gap even though he played some brilliant innings and took key wickets.

Like many others, you can’t help but think if we’d have stuck with him at 6 or 7 he’s have been a brilliant player.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Are we not doing the T20 world cup?

Scotland winning all 3 games to get to the super 12 stage for the first time.

India getting thumped by 10 wickets by Pakistan.

And this morning – Stokes is going to the Ashes! So pleased he is mentally in a place to play again and his finger seems sorted.

kayla1
    Free Member

Stokes is going to the Ashes!

Back in at the deep end! Me and OH are both enjoying the T20 world cup on the radio too.

gallowayboy

Hope he can cope with the pressure and no doubt sledging…
    Scotland Afghanistan this afternoon!

Klunk
    Free Member

LOL

So Wade did and was caught on the boundary

51-5 in 12

theotherjonv

nervous while Finch is there, he can still go big.

Livingstone 1-15…..good call Warney

Klunk
    Free Member

not wanting to put the mockers on us but it’s looking pretty good so far. 😉

theotherjonv

I am very much enjoying this.

Klunk
    Free Member

Buttler hits a 102 m six

Klunk
    Free Member

bunch of bullies 😀

joelowden

Wow!!

Klunk
    Free Member

drubbing!

Houns

Can we field our T20 team in the Ashes test matches, think the cricket boot will be firmly on the other foot for those games

theotherjonv

These one sided games are so dull

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Well England have had worse days…

Has that 6 landed yet? 😂😂😂

grum
    Free Member

Buttler was absolutely ridiculous today. 😳

Klunk
    Free Member

More brutality from Jos today… 101 not out with a six of the last ball

boriselbrus
    Free Member

He really is having some good days out at the moment. The only English batter to score centuries in tests, ODI’s and T20’s

roverpig

The only male English batter. Heather Knight did it too and tweeted something along the lines of “welcome to the club” I think 🙂

theotherjonv

^ this

The pessimist in me says that he can’t keep doing it, and his luck will run out.

The optimist says that Roy, Bairstow, Morgan, Livingstone, Mo……. can all produce similar and have yet to do so.

mrhoppy

The optimist says that Roy, Bairstow, Morgan, Livingstone, Mo……. can all produce similar and have yet to do so.

To be fair to them, they’ve not had much opportunity to when Butter is in this form. England bat deep but we’d not know as only the top 4 have really had a look in.

dantsw13

More importantly, Morgan scored 40 n/o. Plus the tournament is wide open with India in trouble……

grum
    Free Member

I’d like to see Livingstone get going, he was very destructive in the hundred.

grum
    Free Member

I’d like to see Livingstone get going, he was very destructive in the hundred.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,281 through 5,320 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.