• This topic has 4,950 replies, 129 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by lunge.
Viewing 19 posts - 4,921 through 4,939 (of 4,939 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

There is definitely potential in this England team. The bubble/rotation/quarantine issues certainly aren’t helping.

I was hoping for more from Bess after his time a few years back in the Indian Spin Academy, but the pandemic & lack of cricket has hit him hard.

Root has bowled really well though.

Premier Icon dannyh

Bess has a fundamentally inconsistent bowling action. His upper body and head lunges and lurches. Any class batsman knows he is getting at least one rank bad ball per over. Batsmen don’t have to ‘make’ shots against him to score.

I like Leach. He needs to be careful that he doesn’t become another Tufnell, obsessing about flight and forgetting to spin the ball, and in the era of the balsa wood railway sleeper he needs protecting when someone starts lining him up on a batting track.

Root’s bowling has been great on these raging bunsens, but on pitches with any live grass his bowling is standard round arm filth usually typical of a top order batsman (Chris Gayle, Graeme Smith etc). He’s difficult to get away, though.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Anyone watching the T20 series decider? India are scoring heavily, Kohli still in.

Premier Icon Houns
    Premier Icon richmars

But credited to Roy!

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Great start by England apart from Roy’s early wicket

Premier Icon theotherjonv

This is mad…..

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

They’ve screwed it, mainly due to great bowling by Bhuvneshwar

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Looking like it could be a good close contest in the ODI decider.

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

Yep – looking forward to the chase.

My favourite part of this tour has been the commentary/analysis of Dinesh Kartik. Real insight into the Indian mindset and tactics.

Premier Icon Houns

Ugghh

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

England still in with a slight chance here, though once Moeen went it was always going to be very unlikely.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Rashid gone after a superb catch from Kohli, surely game over now.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Still in with a chance!

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

Good effort to get that close. We looked dead & buried when Mo went.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

It’s been a good tour between 2 very good teams, shame England couldn’t get a win in one of the series but hey.

Premier Icon tjagain

Indeed Grum – full of drama, to and fro, close games. some great cricket and played in a good spirit

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

sachin hospitalized with covid

Premier Icon lunge

Morning campers.
    It may not be a test match but the Couny Championship is back today and many counties have a live stream. Essex v’s Worcs also has live comms on 5 Live Sports Extra.
    Pleasant background noise for a day on the home office I’d suggest.

Viewing 19 posts - 4,921 through 4,939 (of 4,939 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.