Viewing 40 posts - 4,561 through 4,600 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • lunge

Sometimes you have to take matters into hour own hands.
    Mrs Lunge is out all day, I was at a lose end so decided to go to the pub.
    I now have TMS in my ears, a copy of When Saturday Comes to read, a pint of Butty Bach and have just polished off a huge pastrami sarny and some roast potatoes. I have a seat in the beer garden, the sun is shining and life is good.
    Let’s hope England manage to get some runs on the board.

grum
    Free Member

Living the dream ^^^^

Hard going for England but I’m enjoying the contest seeing them up against top quick bowlers. Zampa feels like someone you should be able to tonk around the ground but he’s actually pretty tricky also.

grum
    Free Member

Yesssss! Warner is turning into Archer’s bunny.

grum
    Free Member

Archer is looking menacing, really exciting to watch. Stoinis gone.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Game on with those two quick wickets, shirley!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Make that three!

lunge

This is getting interesting.

grum
    Free Member

Oooh. England should be winning this now surely. Quite the collapse.

Edit: Oooft, another one!

NZCol

Ooooh x2

Houns

Calypso collapso!

(Lunge if I’d logged in to this thread sooner I would’ve come and joined you)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh this is good!

Six wickets, twenty two runs.

Lovely.

theotherjonv

Calypso collapso!

Houns

Sat in the garden, fire going, bats flitting around over head, keg of HPA going down well and the Aussies struggling. Bliss

theotherjonv

Zampa 2 off 19…….. strike rate of 10.5

super innings fella!

grum
    Free Member

I know they haven’t played for ages until they came over here but these last couple of collapses are quite un-Australia-like, more like England teams of old.

Houns

Whoop!

spacemonkey

I was saying to myself an hour or so ago that we needed the Aussie to have an England-style mid-order collapse. Couldn’t see it happening though. Then in the time it took to put the chimp to bed we’d taken 6 wickets!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Last TMS of the season, chaps.

It hasn’t started well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh FFS.

lunge

Good start, this.

johndoh
    Free Member

:-O

Just come out of a meeting and seen the scorecard – 2-0 in .2 overs? Did that really happen?

I have read the report and yes it did! First two balls too – has that ever happened at this level before?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes, there’s even been an opening hat trick in ODIs, I forget who by though.

Anyway, 87-5.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

grum
    Free Member

Great comeback from these two, set up for a cracking finish – who’s watching?

tjagain

Did you have to say that CFH? Now look!

grum
    Free Member

Need Aussies to choke again big time here!

theotherjonv

Oof, this is going to the wire!

Houns

Meh

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bugger.

grum
    Free Member

Ah well, great game and great summer of cricket. I’ve struggled to get back into football with no crowds but no such issues with cricket – which to me shows which is the better game. Football needs a crowd to give it meaning/narrative.

Morgan gets most things right but I thought going for Rashid for the final over was asking for trouble.

theotherjonv

I thought it was the right call; getting it out of the screws on the first ball faced was equally a gamble by Starc and that won it. If he’d not timed it, another wicket, dot ball, and I reckon England would have won. Both sides spun the coin, this time it came up Aussie side up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Holy shuddering shitballs, Batman!

grum
    Free Member

That last one sending middle stump cartwheeling, ooft! One of the best sights in cricket and a great way to take the fourth in a row.

Houns

Alex Hartley always gaffs somehow 😂

dannyh
    Free Member

Finn at nine?

He’s usually the team bloodhound (sent in after the rabbits).

Ten and Jack must be in the Tufnell/Malcolm/Mullaly class.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

SK1LLZ!!1!!!1!!!

grum
    Free Member

That is ridic! I’ve been quite enjoying the IPL on Sky, even though it is fairly stupid.

dannyh
    Free Member

The lower the number of overs the poorer the quality of cricket, with one exception – fielding.

Much as I am a crusty old traditionalist, it is irrefutable that limited overs (and now very limited overs) cricket has turbo charged fielding.

grum
    Free Member

Full highlights of that game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5YnxhL1mF4

Ridiculous ending.

theotherjonv

Not sure how I / we missed this. Of course I ‘hate’ the Aussies in a sporting sense, but hold them and their nuggetty fighters in the highest respect and none more so that Dean Jones.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/sep/25/dean-jones-obituary

(but as a keeper myself, my favourite DJ moment is still:

lunge

Jack Russell was just ridiculous behind the stumps, the only one who comes close is Sarah Taylor.

Listened to a few interviews with Dean Jones, 1 in particular on The Grade Cricketer podcast and he came across as a lovely fella, sad to hear of his demise.

Anyway, no comment on the England women’s victories, some really good cricket being played by them at the moment.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,561 through 4,600 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.