Viewing 40 posts - 4,001 through 4,040 (of 6,928 total)
  • My dear old things, it's STW TMS!
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

Sweet frigging jesus

Houns

senorj

💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦
    Please.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Hope so senor j – because going to the Oval 1-1 would be titanic! Not much chance though I fear.

dannyh
    Free Member

Sadly I think England have emptied the miracle well at Headingley. The only real hope is that the Manchester weather does its thing.

senorj

So ,just hold on for 20 overs with two wickets…..going for a long bath.

theotherjonv

I know Stokes won a game almost singlehandedly but without Smith Aus would have been nowhere.

He’s got more runs than their top 6 or 7 combined.

Klunk
    Free Member
    Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

18 overs light improving, no nails left!

Houns

89th over….

Klunk
    Free Member

fewer than a 100 balls left

theotherjonv

i **** hate test cricket

Houns

Argghh

Klunk
    Free Member

cock

Houns

56 mins or 14 overs to survive

dannyh
    Free Member

Please, please, please!

Maybe if they can last this out, it will remove Broad’s yellow streak…

Klunk
    Free Member

Houns

And it’s all over

dannyh
    Free Member

Bollocks.

senorj

Indeed .

lunge

On balance, Australia are a better side, but not by much. Both sides have real questions in their batting lineups, and both teams are unafraid of s collapse. Personnel changes needed for both sides I think, Wade and the 2 openers for Aus will be under the microscope, Butler, Bairstow, Roy and Denly for England.

Bowling wise, both are prone to sessions of incredible bowling often followed by a session of dirge. Not sure personnel changes are needed but questions need to be asked.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Disagree a bit there looking lunge – the Aussie bowling attack is a better unit than England’s. Better spinner and they can rotate fast bowlers without much change in quality. Smith is just a machine and aside from him the Aussie batters are bang average.

mefty
    Free Member

I agree with shortbread fanylion, Aussie bowling attack was a step ahead of ours, which still performed well. Amazingly we had the best opener, they had the best 3 & 4 by a margin, our middle order (well Stokes) was slightly better and their lower order contributed alot more.

I would bring in a new opener to partner Burns, probably Sibley, put Denley at 3 as he has shown sufficient application two tests in a row, put Root back to 4, Stokes 5, Pope 6, Bairstow 7, Woakes, Archer, broad and Leach. If Stokes is injured then Curran comes in, Pope and Bairstow move up.

edhornby

I think We’ve missed Anderson. I also think we need to find a lower order batsman to be the captain and let Root get back to just batting. Well played Australia.

nicko74

More broadly though England need to treat batting seriously. No coming out to the middle aiming to swipe the ball around a bit, but proper Test batting, methodically building a total to defend. The last two matches England have only looked like a decent batting unit when their backs have been against the wall. It’s not good enough

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Glad I went to Burghley instead…

lunge

Same squad announced for the last test.

I’d really like them to try something different with the batting order, mainly around giving Butler the gloves and seeing if Bairstow is better up the order without them.

convert

How’s everyone feeling about the knighthood of Sir Boycs? Original conviction always had a bit of a tinge to it (the lady in question asking for money to go away, some suggestion she told a different story to friends) – but he still is a convicted domestic abuser…..

Tom-B
    Free Member

Seems like a total **** in just about every way to me.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Can’t stand the man so I will never address him as Sir.

mefty
    Free Member

Very happy for him, tough self centred player, made the most of his ability, trenchant colourful and self centred summariser, popular throughout the world, only appropriate that like one of his 50s, there was a long wait before it arrived.

edhornby

He was also the player working with a dodgy agent to send the England players over to SA in the middle of apartheid

has spent many years moaning about not getting a gong and was sacked by the bbc for a racist insult in 2017

it’s a no from me

martinhutch

It depends if you think the current honours system is particularly meritocratic. If Philip Green gets one, Boycs is a shoe-in.

I suppose there’s always the option for Queenie to annul it some years later like she did for Fred Goodwin, and the honorary ones she took away from those lovely chaps Mugabe, Ceaucescu and Mussolini.

dannyh
    Free Member

Domestic violence notwithstanding, here’s another miserable old Yorkshire bastard ‘congratulating’ Dennis Lillee on his 300th Test wicket. I say ‘congratulating’ but he spends approx ten seconds doing that, the rest of the time he is either rucking about not getting the adulation he believes he deserves or just talking about himself. The Yorkshire dressing room was full of them in that era (miserable horrible old Illingworth and barely any better Brian Close in there as well). If nothing else Boycs is a typical Yorkshire braggart of the era. He does talk some sense sometimes, but he is rapidly becoming a self-parody, much as Trueman did.

Klunk
    Free Member

“I don’t believe in the commentators curse”

Doh!!!!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Sweet Jesus. England being torn apart by Mitch Marsh’s trundlers. Inept!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Although the Buttler has arrived at last…..

nicko74

FFS. For all that Trevor Bayliss has done for England in the one-day and T20 game, the team clearly need someone to drum into their thick heads how to play Test cricket. This is just a shambles. Again.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Warner. Unlucky?

Maybe, but still…!

Viewing 40 posts - 4,001 through 4,040 (of 6,928 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.