Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My commute
  • ahsat

Felt the need to share…! It is 60 km round commute for me (with around 1000 ft of climbing each way) and around a 10 hour day that would do me in! So I hatched a plan…I drove to work yesterday morning and rode home. This morning (after a small sense of dread for the impending hill!) I rode into work and will drive home tonight. I wont be doing it everyday, but it was good and when the hardtail is mended with some semi-slicks may be not such a slog. But its got to be doing me good….right? Plus, what a way to improve a day staring down a microscope!

Commuting on the edge of the North Pennines

steve_b77
    Free Member

Sounds great in nice weather 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

You get used to it…

Mine is just over 58k round trip, and about 900ft of climbing each way. I can probably manage 2 days on, 1 off and 2 on again, depending on what i’m doing at the weekend.

It’s about 55 mins door to door, which is about 10 slower than driving. And i’m getting bloody fit.

The dead legs feeling is something you learn to live with!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ahsat

It’s about 55 mins door to door, which is about 10 slower than driving

Its taken me a lot longer than that (its all on railway paths which are pretty good) but I am pretty unfit. If I could even do it once a week that would do me good and I would certainly be saving the petrol.

If I did it on the road bike I may be able to do it quicker, but its down a very fast and dangerous road and I am not sure I can be bothered with that.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Mine’s a 30 mile (because I live in England) round trip with around 1200 ft of climbing (across the Quantocks) each way. I work 12 hour shifts and at the grand old age of 54 I’m finding it a bit harder than I used to. Once or twice a week is plenty for me. 😕

ahsat

Once or twice a week is plenty for me.

Thats made me feel a lot better. Sounds good though.

At least my job is pretty flexible and if I dont have a meeting no-one is going to kill me for not being in bang on 9!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My commute’ is closed to new replies.