• This topic has 30 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • my chafing arse….
  • alpin
    Free Member

Been working outside all day today in 30’C heat. (started on the build for the Oktoberfest, if you’re interested) and despite wearing shorts in a bid to stay cool my sweaty arse cheeks have been rubbing themselves against each other. Had a cool shower and even talced my crack, but walking to the pub has been a rather uncomfortable and unpleasant experience.

It’s due to be even hotter tomorrow.

What can I do….?

I really wish this was a wind up. It isn’t.

wwaswas

What can I do….?

give less vivid detail next time?

Assos or Sudocrem would be my advice, however.

scotroutes

Chamois cream/Sudocreme.

Stick a small towel down the back of your shorts tomorrow to reduce the amount of sweat running off your back.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing.

podman
    Free Member

Minty arse lard?

fadda

Yup – Sudocrem probably best, since you’ve already done some “damage”

Edric64
    Free Member

Sudocrem is your friend

crikey
    Free Member

Hydrocortisone cream; you can probably buy it from the corner shop in that foreign, use that overnight to damp down the inflammation and chafing, then use lots of moisturising cream. Also use some babywipes at intervals during the day to clean off the salt; that’s what causes the chafing as it dries into crystals.

..and to those of you turning your noses up at the detail; one day you might need similar advice, but be too overcome with emotion to ask about it; ‘ave a word.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Or that stuff for nappy rash, from Boots £2.00 a tub. I use it on occasion when I’ve been roadie’ing and sweating a lot.

Don’t take it lying down though 😆

You could get a friend to rub it in I suppose.. It’d have to be an extra special friend of course 😆

Bregante

piemonster

Thought this was another Molgrips thread for a minute

duntstick
    Free Member

Orrible is that, I fend off the old bettyswollox with a good white vinegar splash, before a shower.

I live in a hot place and do a sweaty job, it’s cheap, it works.

I would be sticking with the sudocrem for the rawness though.

alpin
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies…
    Smeared on a lot of moisturiser last night which helped sooth things a little.

What does white vinegar do?

And most importantly what is sudocream called in German?
    Of to buy some baby wipes now….

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Wasn’t that a hank williams song?

patriotpro
    Free Member

I once talced my crack after a long walk in similar temps. It made it worse as it just drew out all the lovely lubricating moisture!

ThePinkster

A couple of chefs I used to know always reckoned stuffing a tampax down your crack worked wonders in hot sweaty environments.

I think that says more about them though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Shirley Talc would turn to glue 😯

Sudocrem is called sudocrem in Germany.

banks
    Free Member

Chef’s arse. We used to mix chilli’s in with the sudocrem in the kitchen. Nothing worse than expecting instant soothing release only to receive the worst pain imaginable 😀

senorj
    theotherjonv

A couple of chefs I used to know always reckoned stuffing a tampax down your crack worked wonders in hot sweaty environments.

A couple of cricketing colleagues reckoned the same, but used panty liners between the cheeks.

Sadly, they then used to peel off the adhesive tape and stick the sweaty liner to your back when you weren’t looking.

Also says more about my friends than giving you any useful advice.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

sudocreme is zinc oxide cream, can you pull your cheeks apart for an airing at lunch break?

alpin
    Free Member

Yup, I’ve now got sore zinc cream and baby wipes and an happy to tell you that the chafing has lessened.

Re leather trousers,I was toying with the idea of wearing my Bavarian lederhosen, but it’s far too hot. Instead I’m wearing my traditional German carpenter shorts. Google Zimmerman hose.

duntstick
    Free Member

Vinegar = no bacteria

househusband

I get that from time to time and know how crippling it can be.

First thing I did was ditch the talc; hydrocortisone cream helps but Canestan is far better as it treats the bacterial/fungal infection.

seavers
    Free Member

The only answer is a Vaseline. It’s not nice when it happens but every time I feel a bit of soreness down there a little bit of vas not only allows the cheeks free movement but also protects the skin and allows it to heal.

Worked every time for me.

RealMan
    Free Member

<leaves thread sharpish>

Mantastic
    Free Member

This thread is useless without pictures 😉

househusband

😆 at RealMan… but, trust me, you really don’t…

Mantastic
    Free Member

Realman beat me to it

lunge

Ah yes, the joy of chefs arse. After many years in catering I found the a 2 pronged approach worked.
    1. The preparation. As mentioned, Sudacreme in the evening, a bloody good scrub first thing and more Sudacreme in the day, reapply as needed.
    2. Clothing. For me, the only thing that helped was a pair of Lycra shorts (not padded obviously) under your normal shorts and some breathable boxers.

That combo was the only way I could stop it.

JoeG
    Free Member

As far as the assless chaps suggested above 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘my chafing arse….’ is closed to new replies.