Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • My cat is naughty
  • rascal
    Free Member

He’s just proudly brought a gasping, twisted-legged shrew to the patio door – no doubt chuffed to bits with his efforts. Thing is, I know I should have put a brick through it to ease it’s obvious pain but I just couldn’t. I actually apologised to it and put it in the back of the garden to die with the berated mog inside 🙄
    What would you have done?

Thing is I know this won’t be the last time either as that’s what i year old cats do.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I know I should have put a brick through it

Thats the spirit… cats are murderers anyway. UKs native wildlife could do with less cats.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cats_actually_kill

Yak

I hit semi-deads with a spade to finish them off. Spade kept ready by the back door.

welshfarmer

I usually split the catch 50:50 with my cat. She keeps me in protein and gets her exercise doing it

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Mine gets kicked back out with whichever beast it brings in, unless the thing can still run around and is ok. Then the cat is locked in while I release it down the lane!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

If you didn’t want to finish the job you should let the cat have it, would end it’s suffering a bit quicker.

mintimperial

UKs native wildlife could do with less cats.

The UK’s native wildlife has been dealing with cats for thousands of years, untwist yer knickers. I bet cars and lorries kill loads more animals than cats.

tomd
    Free Member

I bet cars and lorries kill loads more animals than cats.

I very much doubt it

Trimix
    Free Member

+1 mintimperial.

binners

I really wouldn’t worry about it. Applying the same logic as all the dog owners on the DOG thread, the shrew really should have known better. Its only itself to blame for not knowing how to behave around cats. I blame its parents for not instilling it at an early age

You are absolved of all responsibility. And so is the cat.

What you should really be doing is reassuring your cat that it can do what the bloody hell it likes, regardless of consequences, as nothing is ever its fault. Now you need it to work up to increasingly larger victims, until it can happily take a chunk out of a small child. Which will of course be the small childs fault for not knowing how to behave around cats

sandwicheater

Put the Shrew in the freezer until you have enough matter to fill a pie.

binners

On a serious note: Did you berate the cat? Thats the last thing you should do. Its a weird reverse psychology that cats have going

Mrs Binners recently told me all this, when our cats were doing it. I have no reason to doubt her, as it worked

The cat is bringing you a gift. Hence looking so chuffed with itself. If you berate it, it thinks its displeased you. In its head, its now thinking “he was well pissed off with my measly offering, I need to bring him a bigger one. Or more of the smaller ones! That’ll well impress him!!” Result: shrew armageddon, and your patio becoming the killing fields, with you as an inadvertent Pol Pot

What you should do is elaborately thank him, stroke him, make a fuss of him, tell him the boy done good. Then, satisfied that he’s kept you happy, he won’t bother tomorrow.

Weird things cats

Pigface
    Free Member

Cat doing what cat does.

stumpy01

Well, our cat climbed in through the cracked open sunroof of our neighbour’s son’s car. We had been for a quick stroll round the block, came round the corner and my wife exclaimed that our cat was in ‘that car’. And yep, sure enough she was sat on the parcel shelf of the car looking might peeved.
    And the neighbours were out. I was just about to get a coat hanger to pull the lock catch, when they returned home.

I was hugely apologetic, but he didn’t seem too bothered! Doubt the cat will be doing that again in a hurry.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

cloudnine – Member
    UKs native wildlife could do with less cats.

Uk’s native wildlife could have done without its natural habitat being decimated by humans.

Don’t blame it on the sunshine, don’t blame it on the moonlight, don’t blame it on the humans…blame it on the kitteh!

Ours brought back a fully grown male pheasant a couple of weeks ago 😯

Clobber
    Free Member

When we had the misfortune of living in Walsall our cat used to bring us fish… God only knows where he was getting them from….

cupra
    Free Member

When we had the misfortune of living in Walsall our cat used to bring us fish… God only knows where he was getting them from….

Probably from my pond! (OK not your cat as I’m miles away) One regularly tries to catch the fish in our pond.

winston
    Free Member

Stick on a collar with a bell on it. Its mighty hard to sneak up on a rodent when you sound like Rudolph

rascal
    Free Member

Binners – no, he wasn’t told off as such, just put inside in a manner that let him know he shouldn’t be around at that time ie a mild ‘dumped’ inside the door. He tried 3 times to get back out. He was on one last night after that…he was in a very unsettled ‘playful’ mood which involved trying to remove my arm that was under the quilt 😈
    Was went out at 4.30am when the tweety birds started up so probably got the shrew anyway!

MoreCashThanDash

We bought our house from a cat lover with a surprisingly well stocked pond. Then we moved the cooker and found two mummified frogs that had obviously been brought in.

I know I keep reposting this tale but it’s worth repeating – a mates cat struggled through the catflap one Sunday lunchtime towing a leg of lamb that their neighbour had left on the windowsill to rest before carving. Good kitty!

taffy
    Free Member

I rember one of our old cats (who was a prolific hunter) “finding” an escaped paraket .. well I found a lot of coulourful feathers and a very smug looking Dewi next to them… poor bugger it gave him the trots for days!

Cats are predators.. this is what they do. Bringing it back is a sign of affection for tou. Let em have it or despatch it quickly. Wailing its cruel and will kunch its way through x many adorable woodland animals is futile.. its been going on for hundred of thousands of years-its called a food chain! (Cos like humans havent ever made anything extinct or devastated wildlife or nature!)

zippykona

Cats are **** vermin. They and the owners should be licenced.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Mintyboy.. if the cat had a mouth as big as yours you’d be lunch.
    As cool and cute as you think they are they are indiscriminate killers. Usually just for fun. Baby robins too.

bigyinn
    Free Member

zippykona – Member

Cats are **** vermin. They and the owners should be licenced.
    [tannoy] The troll now arriving… [/tannoy]

zippykona

Not trolling just expressing my opinion that happens to different to yours.

njee20
    Free Member

I know I should have put a brick through it

Thats the spirit… cats are murderers anyway. UKs native wildlife could do with less cats.[/quote]

Genuinely lol’d at that, well done! I’ve heard the same things as binners re it being a ‘gift’ and all that, makes a lot of sense.

binners

Cats are **** vermin. They and the owners should be licences.

There would be considerably more vermin around if it weren’t for the cats. Do you work for Rentokil?

Trimix
    Free Member

Cats actually eat Trolls 🙂

zippykona

My neighbourhood is swarming with cats, I still get mice in my shed.
    The keeping down the vermin argument doesn’t work.

jam-bo

mine just leaves the kidneys now.

binners

My neighbourhood is swarming with cats, I still get mice in my shed.

Clever, astute, and also malicious bastards are cats. They clear the vermin from the surrounding areas, and sensing your animosity towards them, act in packs, like sheepdogs, to herd them into your shed. Having eaten half of them en route, obviously

thepurist

zippy – do you leave your shed open for the cats to go and get the mice?

dan1980
    Free Member

My cat brings 2 or 3 of these in a week, I’d say he’s doing his bit for vermin control…

and

Size 8 feet and sainsburys carrier bag for size reference…

Yak

hmmm – lunchtime spoiler needed for the 2nd pic there. 🙂

dan1980
    Free Member

Imagine being woken up with the wonderful moggy slapping the damp end into my face…. 😕

Yak

That’s not just a present – that’s ‘sharing’

taffy
    Free Member

A cat sharing its prey is showing you affection and love… thanking you.

mind they are not without humor if they are giving you the back end and calling you an arse… did you upset them lately!

back2basics
    Free Member

and just how much more wildlife do we have by people having birdfeeders in gardens – by rights we should not feed anything and let nature find a balance, but we are 100’s of years past that point of no return.

rascal
    Free Member

Since my original post we’ve had another shrew, and a nice live bird in the house with feathers everywhere yesterday. It was tiny and managed at one point to escape the clutches of Fudge’s jaws and get behind the tumble dryer. Picked him up with his little heart going ten to the dozen, took him out and he flew off which I was quite pleased about.
    Think this will be a regular occurrence when the cat flap goes in!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘My cat is naughty’ is closed to new replies.