Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • my cassette wobbles ?
  • skeetsgb
    Free Member

hi guys

my cassette wobbles from side to side by a mm or 2. now i thought it was my free hub, as it sounded like crap and there was a bit of play there. so ive had that serviced and came back as new, feels great and no play.

ive just put my cassette back on and it still wobbles !! any ideas.

the cassette is a slx with alloy carrier, 10 speed. it takes no spacers, as if i do put one in as i thought it maybe that( ive tried different sizes) i cant lock the screw down as its to high up the freehub then because of the spacer. had the bike about a year, so its not always bieng like that, just recntly.

any ideas ?

cheers in advance

skeetsgb
    Free Member

right convinced its still the free hub. its going back lbs.

cheers guys 😉

Tracker1972
    Free Member

According to Shimano it should have a spacer next to the lockring?

4ags4
    Free Member

What hub is it?
    Mavic, Easton + a few others you need to have a thin spacer on the freehub before you put the cassette on.
    Can’t speak for the others but Mavic hubs do come with said spacer.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

cheers guys for replys

its a dt swiss freehub.. defiantly doesnt take a spacer, ive tried all sizes and the casette sits to high up freehub otherwise and locking nut wont grip.

just took it back lbs (round the corner thankfully) and it is the freehub still, he explain to me what it was/is. (he never got chance yesterday, shop was heaving).
    you can tell its been serviced, silky smooth, but to get rid of the of the slight play it would need a new free hub (only can noticed when cassette is on), which will cost alot as we now, but he reckons it will be fine and wont damaged anything or jump gears or owt with the amount it has. he recommends just keep using it until it gets alot worse then replace it. he reckons ill get at least 8/12 months out of it, so fair enough. no need to spend more than i need to. if i can get through winter ill be happy with that.

cheers guys, if its not one thing its always something else with this biking lark 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

So have you got the spacer next to the lock ring? 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

Pretty sure my 9speed XT cassette didn’t come with a spacer. Should it have done? It works fine with no play, etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘my cassette wobbles ?’ is closed to new replies.