Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • My bikes have been stolen (Whyte T130CRS and Focus Jam2 6.8plus)
  • argee

Got back from work today to find the bikes have been taken, they were locked together with a few locks and up against things, but they’ve taken the lot, must be 50kg they had to lug. Anyway, the bikes are:

2018 Whyte T130CRS, lime green, it stands out a little as it comes with matching lime green Industry Nine Trail 245 wheelset, and onza ibis skinwalls on them, also has a different bar/stem.

2019 Focus Jam2 in electric blue, only change on this one from standard is the front brake is a M7000 SLX, and tyres are magic mary / eddy current rear.

Bikes taken from the Bristol area, hope they show up somewhere for my ability to ever go mountain biking again.

Will post pictures as soon i can work out how!

Whyte

Focus

argee

Also, anyone know if whyte/focus run stolen registers that i can send them the serial numbers for?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ouch. Best of luck, keep an eye on here:

http://findthatbike.co.uk/search.php?searching=yes&s=Whyte

therevokid
    Free Member

which part … im on the north side of Bristol.

argee

Yate/Chipping Sodbury area

TedC

Will keep an eye out in the Swindon area.

kimbers

https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/ helped me get mine back I offered a reward fwiw

Someone was offered it as a swap for the bike they were selling on a Facebook group

Good kuck

burko73

Were they inside/ garage etc?

argee

In the garage, locked together against a stand with 3 locks, they took the lot, must have weighed 50kg in total!

ta11pau1

In the garage, locked together against a stand with 3 locks, they took the lot, must have weighed 50kg in total!

In reality that’s nothing special, motorbikes are frequently stolen by lifting them into the back of a van. 3 or 4 blokes, a couple of scaffold pipes, 30 seconds and it’s gone. That’s 200kg worth of motorbike.

argee

Just an update, we found the bike locks cut and discarded in a garden waste bin around the back of the houses (we have a path at the back for the rear gardens for 4 houses), can’t work out why they’ve done that, the garage is at the front, so if they carried the bikes round then cut them down the alley it seems quite risky as it’s a good 50 metres in the open, and if they had already cut the locks and were just ditching, why around the back of our houses, not exactly the best place to ditch them, seems weird. Gives me some hope it was a local job and they had to cut the locks to cycle the bikes away, so no transport other than the bikes themselves.

I’ve stuck them up on Stolen Bikes as well:

Whyte T130-CRS

Focus Jam2 6.8 Plus 2019

argee

Just thought i’d bump this after 18 months incase anyone has seen these turn up in places, still hunt for them every day, can’t believe that green I9 wheelset with tan sidewall tyres have stayed hidden for so long!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My bikes have been stolen (Whyte T130CRS and Focus Jam2 6.8plus)’ is closed to new replies.