My bike shop has been broken into

Home Forum Bike Forum My bike shop has been broken into

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • My bike shop has been broken into
  • Hopester

This morning at approximately 2.19am my bike shop on Granton Road in Edinburgh was broken into and the thieves stole these two bikes.

The Giant Trance XO 29er is one of only 2 in a medium size in Scotland (the other being sold to someone in Ballater) Frame Number on this is GW201093

The other bike is a 2012 Diamondback Sortie 3 which is another fairly rare bike. It’s a 19″ frame but unfortunately we dont have a frame number for that yet.

If you spot either of these in Edinburgh or at trail centres please let us know and we’ll reward you accordingly.

We’d be really greatful if you’d be as kind as to share this post anywhere you feel might be appropriate.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Neill 0131 552 0999

watsontony

unlucky about the brake in but that giant just looks wrong. like its been crashed into a wall at 50mph

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Bah.

(But the Diamondback looks ace)

b r

Passed on in the Borders

Hopester

The Giant is my personal bike, it’s beautiful and very very quick!

xiphon

Shouldn’t be too hard to find the thieving barstewards – they’ll have white sticks…

Premier Icon mtbfix
    Subscriber

I have white socks. Let me just check the shed for the bikes….

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

I quite like that diamondback, looks a bit like the old Meta 5. The Giant just looks wrong.

Hope they find the thieving scrotes and you get them back soon though.

nigelb001

Sorry to hear about about your break-in, hope the police find the thieving barstewarts. I like your Giant and if it was me buying now, I’d have one. People on here don’t like modern stuff unless it looks as though it was designed in 1991, doesn’t matter that it is one of the best trail bikes out there. At least it narrows it down to a thief without a beard.

Good luck.

watsontony

Sorry to hear about about your break-in, hope the police find the thieving barstewarts. I like your Giant and if it was me buying now, I’d have one. People on here don’t like modern stuff unless it looks as though it was designed in 1991, doesn’t matter that it is one of the best trail bikes out there. At least it narrows it down to a thief without a beard.

fixed that for you

nigelb001

fixed that for you

Cheers thanks for that πŸ™„

andyl

Do they think it was a case of just grabbing what they could or do you think they specifically wanted those bikes? Maybe they had been in recently trying them for size?

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

That’s crap Neill, best wishes for a good outcome. (And I like the Giant).

unovolo

Proper downer getting broken into but on the plus side you won’t haave to look at that ‘munter’of a Giant.

andypaul99

mrblobby – Member
    I quite like that diamondback, looks a bit like the old Meta 5. The Giant just looks wrong.

the diamondback looks like a 2005 model specialized

Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

Will keep my eyes peeled, sorry to hear about that.

Lot of dicks in the forum, ignore them, who cares what a bike looks like πŸ™„

Diane

So do people really think it’s helpful to be so rude about the OP’s bike? πŸ™„ Sorry but the guy just had his shop broken into – I really don’t see the need πŸ™

patriotpro

At first glance I thought the DB was a Strive.

I very rarely like the look of any 29er but ht Giant looks smart.

Hope you get a return Op. although I’d surprised if they’re seen at any Trail Centres, more the local estates.

Neil F

This forum really does have its share of arseholes eh??? What a bunch of tossers! Guys had two bikes nicked and some still find the need to rip the piss? πŸ™„

I’m Edinburgh area, I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled Neill, hope you get them back soon. πŸ‘Ώ

Premier Icon Davesport
    Subscriber

Will keep my eyes peeled out here in East Lothian.

Premier Icon Davesport
    Subscriber

Double post πŸ‘Ώ

Hopester

Thanks for the helpful & kind replies. I got a name from a “source” this morning which has been passed to the local constabulary so I’m awaiting their action!!

Neil F

Nice one, hopefully they act quick though, the bikes could be broken up before the weekend. 😐

Premier Icon MussEd
    Subscriber

Neil – that is Shite mate, and I agree, not really any need for tools to try and point score in situations like this.

I’ll keep an eye out round East Edinburgh and further afield…

Ed(Susan and Fi’s mate from Musselburgh)

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Good news on the source, really hope you get a result on that and the perpetrators get what they deserve.

Guys had two bikes nicked and some still find the need to rip the piss?

To be fair, I think everyone (well most) who posted has shown considerable sympathy. We all have a love of our bikes and have a fair idea of how awful it would be if any of them were pinched.

Premier Icon flange
    Subscriber

unlucky about the brake in but that giant just looks wrong. like its been crashed into a wall at 50mph

Knob

Proper downer getting broken into but on the plus side you won’t haave to look at that ‘munter’of a Giant.

Tosser.

Hope you find your bikes chap, there seems to be a lot more of this going on – that said there also seems to be a lot more crims being caught so fingers crossed for you

Premier Icon Andy
    Subscriber

Diane – Member
    So do people really think it’s helpful to be so rude about the OP’s bike? Sorry but the guy just had his shop broken into – I really don’t see the need

This & nothing else to add that hope the t**ts that did it a caught and castrated.

Premier Icon mtbfix
    Subscriber

Crickey! Stw clearly no place for a light hearted jibe, it seems.

Funny (perculiar) place this Forum. All the people who have taken the mickey out if the Giant will indeed be gutted to hear that a fellow MTBer has had their bike stolen and will do all in their power to help if they can.
    However, if you look through the history, anyone can spend their entire life savings on building their dream bike. Once it is displayed on here, there will be banter and mickey taking (all lighthearted) about how it looks, choice of components, state of garden or fence etc.
    I trust the OP would not have taken offence. Every jibe is effectively a bump back to the top of the page which is no bad thing.
    I personally feel that this ‘shop floor humour’ is part of the charm of this forum where noone is allowed to take themselves too seriously

It is a minger though to be fair. πŸ™‚

Oh, and I do hope that the bikes are recovered or at least the perps get their just desserts.

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

OP had his premises burgled, his goods stolen and damage done to his ability to earn a living. I don’t see that sniping about the stolen goods is appropriate or helpful.

Had he just put up a pic of his new Giant inviting comments on it’s beauty or otherwise, then it would be fair game!

khani

Hope it turns out ok, robbing scumbags..
    The reason the Giant looks odd isn’t because of the head angle but because of the way the seat tube is canted forwards then backwards, if you put the seatube in a regular position it’d look normal..
    But then the chain stays would be too long, with no tyre clearance..
    Evolution of long travel 29ers in action..

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘My bike shop has been broken into’ is closed to new replies.