Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • My big ring is worn out!!!!!
  • sturmey
    Free Member

My outer 44t chainring is worn out it’s an M770 xt is it worth sticking with Shimano or is there a cheaper better alternative?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I’m changing over to 2×9 this weekend so will have one for sale if you’re interested. I very rarely ride on the big ring so it should be in very good condition. Just need to double check that the teeth are all okay.

Email in profile if you’re interested.

stevenc
    Free Member

Outter ring on my SLX is worn out, just use it as a bash guard more then anything now. But if I was replacing it I’d get it from shimano. Its good quality kit that I know works.

br
    Free Member

Middleburn

tandemwarriors

Mine wore out in July, but to save spending a few quid on a new one I decided to stick my spare 36t middle and bashguard on for a while.

They’re still on, and as much as my old skool brain wanted to stick with a triple, I’ve not found myself needing a big ring at all.

Food for thought!
    Rob

z1ppy

TBH after years of middleburn, I’ve given up and just bought shimano rings, as the MB’s seemingly last no longer but do cost double.
    Though this has only made possible by Rose bikes selling seperate rings for less than the price of a crankset.

elaineanne
    Free Member

ya dont need ya outer…. very rarely used….. got rid of mine many moons ago…they only snag on the rocks anyway….. got a bash guard on now.. 😉

sturmey
    Free Member

I hear what people are saying about not needing but I find it very frustating running out of gears esp downhill, linking road sections and canal towpaths all of which are on my journey to work or are included in my rides.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘My big ring is worn out!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.