Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • "my bad"
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I think most people don’t realise people are singing in an American style. How many people sing ‘baybeeeee’ instead of ‘babeahh’

nealglover
    Free Member

Don’t know which of those examples is supposed to be “American style” to be honest 😕

CountZero

But fake American accents predominate almost exclusively in western popular music.

Maybe in mainstream ‘pop’ music, which is basically trying to appeal to a global, (read ‘American’ market), but listen to indy, folk/roots stuff, and you’ll clearly hear regional accents. Even bigger bands, like Elbow, you can hear Guy’s Mancunian accent, but someone like Jake Bugg, Luke Sital-Singh, Billy Bragg, Kate Rusby, Mary Epworth, Rae Morris, Royal Blood, Belle and Sebastian, The Amazing Snakeheads, you can clearly hear an English or Scottish accent, usually regional.

CountZero

Ooh, get her. And what is so important about complaining about a STW poster, which seems to be what you spend your time doing?

Que?
    Have a shufti through my posting history, and see how many times over the last few years, (well, since The a Big Hack, I’ve been on here since 2003), and try to find how often I’m complaining about other posters.
    That ought to keep you quiet for a while, most of the time I’m quietly complimentary about what other members are up to, compared to the level of vituperative muck-slinging that goes on between certain people, I don’t complain at all.

molgrips
    Free Member

someone like Jake Bugg

He sounds pretty fake old-timer Appalachian to me…

There ARE people singing with their own accents, for sure, but I think they are in the minority tbh.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘"my bad"’ is closed to new replies.