Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My 2019 Christmas bike build – Lynskey Bootleg
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

Every year I try to build a bike for Christmas. Last year, I built my wife a rather nice Kinesis Maxlight X c/w SID WC’s and Mavic carbon wheels (see https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-kinesis-maxlight-x-xs-650b-build-for-wife-sids-carbon-wheels-etc/).

As I will be shortly sending my much loved Radon Slide 160 Carbon down to Madeira for a winter of uplift riding in the sun, I needed to build something to keep here in the UK, so in the quest for ultimate simplicity, I settled on a hardtail. I love titanium frames (I recently sold my Kinesis Racelight GF Ti Disc road bike which was awesome) and always fancied a Lynskey, so when I spotted the Bootleg frames for sale with CRC, I decided to grab one and see what could be done with it.

The build ended up as follows:-

Lynksey Bootleg ti 650b frame – size large
    Rockshox Pike RC Debonair 130mm Boost forks
    Cane Creek 40 Series headset
    DT Swiss XM1501 30 wheelset (with 240s hubs)
    DT Swiss RWS X-12 thru axle
    Schwalbe Hans Dampf / Rock Razor 2.35″ Addix Snakeskin SpeedGrip tyres with Stans sealant
    Full SRAM GX Eagle 1×12 groupset wth 170mm cranks
    SRAM Guide RS brakes with 180mm Centerline rotors
    Rockshox Reverb Stealth post
    Wellgo B185 pedals (I swear by these and have been using them for years)
    Thomson Elite X4 50mm stem
    Sixpack Millenium 785 Stealth bars
    Fabric Scoop Sport saddle
    Cinelli Mike Giant grips

Pics:-

darkroomtim
    Free Member

Flippin’eck that’s nice – as in GCN “SuperNice” 🙂

hardtailonly

That’s … 👌

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slackboy

Got any pictures of the kinesis maxlight? I’m interested in building one for my partner in the same size and the pictures aren’t visible on the thread you linked to

tall_martin

That looks ace 😀

campfreddie
    Free Member

here you go…

The Lynskey is now up for sale (unridden) as I fancy starting another project. I would like to sell the Kinesis too as my wife has ridden it just once for 30 minutes, but I’m yet to persuade her to part with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My 2019 Christmas bike build – Lynskey Bootleg’ is closed to new replies.