Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • My 1st faked eBay delivery signature :(
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

As above, I bought £35 sh forks and the Fedex driver faked the signature and did **** knows what with them. The seller hasn’t gone beyond providing evidence of delivery – which can’t be genuine as the initial is wrong (for our receptionist) and it’s on a day she doesn’t work.

eBay now closed the case, is it worth phoning them? The case was cosed within a minute of me asking for help.

I’d love to take it further…PITA the seller isn’t interested in helping out but I can see their position.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve had good (and bad) results from phoning Ebay, but it can’t hurt to give em a call.

Alphabet

I’ve had that happen to me as a seller. Signature obtained but buyer says they haven’t received it. I refunded the buyer, lost the item and the money and moved on. I felt it was my duty to get the item to the seller and not their fault that my courier had screwed up. Of course they could have been been scamming me.

Perhaps try and get your money back through PayPal?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers, I think paypal is so tied in with ebay that there’s b no point, but may look at that.

kcal

really must be a way of tying a signature with location or person signing, in this day and age. Or at least a GPS co-ordinate..

trailwagger
    Free Member

Isnt it up to you or the seller to take it up with the courier? not really anything to do with ebay I would say.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I agree Trailwagger but seller CBA’d to challenge Fedex, eBay is my proper/only route of complaint – short of court.

DezB
    Free Member

not really anything to do with ebay I would say.

Course it bloody is, the whole point of selling/buying through ebay is that you have their protection. It’s not like the free classifieds on STW!

monkeyboyjc

its up to the seller to take it up with the courier.

did you pay via paypal? and was it by debit of credit card?

Either way, contact the seller and say they need to sort it as you’ve not received the goods. Try to get a resolution with the seller. If all else fails after 14 days, contact your bank / credit card and ask for the online goods resolution service (can often be done online) fill in an online form with as much detail as poss and get them to do a charge-back as you’ve not received goods you’ve paid for. you should get your money back.

zilog6128

Cheers, I think paypal is so tied in with ebay that there’s b no point, but may look at that.

Not since 2015, they are separate entities again so might be worth chasing up. (In fact eBay are dropping PayPal as their preferred payment method in favour of something else from 2020 I believe).

cynic-al
    Free Member

I folowed the correct procedure and the seller was contacted beforehand (as above).

Paid from paypal balance.

plyphon
    Free Member

When I phoned ebay they were great – worth a shot.

jkomo

CCTV on reception for that time period?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Something similar happened to me.  Seller was ok and sent PoD which was my name and not my signature.  Contacted courier who did nothing.  Told seller who contacted courier, again nothing so he contacted the police (forging signatures can be treated as fraud and\or theft apparently).  Police said to contact police here as this was where crime happened, ie not in seller’s region. Seller emailed me but cc’ed courier who then miraculously found missing item.  ebay not involved but seller was helpful

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well eBay aren’t interested so I’m gonna go to Fedex then filth

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I’m gonna go to Fedex then filth

I’m sure they’ll be supportive if you show them this thread…

cynic-al
    Free Member

They’ve already seen it pal

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘My 1st faked eBay delivery signature :(’ is closed to new replies.