Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Must un-hip, cred-free album that you still just love
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

But if we are going uncool, I like to enter Script for a Jester’s Tear by Marillion. What a load of twaddle. Still gets a regular outing

See 21 posts above 🙂

It is *AB*solute nonsense but I love every second of it. Have done since I was 13. Am now 52.

Misplaced Childhood gets all the glory cos of that Kayleigh horsehsh1t, but Script is their magnum opus.

lister

I don’t know if Transvision Vamp are cool or not these days but I can’t resist a good blast of Velveteen on a road trip.

footflaps

But if we are going uncool, I like to enter Script for a Jester’s Tear by Marilliom. What a load of twaddle. Still gets a regular outing

I have MC somewhere, but I tend to listen to either Real to Reel or Seasons End.

I think Market Square Heroes on R2R is probably my favourite Marillion track.

IHN

I remember, many years ago, being in the ATC and in a minibus back from the Mildenhall airshow, which to Stockport was a looooong way. Anyway, it had been an early start, a long day, and we were all very bored, not too mention a bit tetchy.

One of the lads suggested that he could do some Marillion – not sing it, as he knew he couldn’t sing it, instead he’d just recite the lyrics. It was suggested to him that, should he do such a thing, he may find himself outside of the minibus fairly rapidly, and not necessarily via the door 🙂

IdleJon

I think Market Square Heroes on R2R is probably my favourite Marillion track.

I’d agree – absolutely love that version and that album. But, if I listen to Marillion these days it tends to be Clutching at Straws which grew on me as I got older. ( I saw them on that tour but didn’t like the album when it was released.)

plumber
    Free Member

The Alice Band – sugary enough to rot your teeth – absolutely special

more modern -Pale Waves – nothing at all should recommend me to these ‘effectively one vocal trip’ pony

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Clutching at Straws … grew on me as I got older.

Same, weirdly.

Sugar Mice is a damn fine track.

mrb123
    Free Member

martinhutch

Love this album, I’m sure it qualifies as un-hip.

I thought “It Never Rains” was the weak spot. It’s just kind of… bland as an album closer.

Great first four minutes, then just disappears up its own behind a bit. But then again, ‘Love over Gold’ does something similar. Prefer ‘Making Movies’ as an album, despite a couple of duff tracks.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Just inspired me to listen to Why and No More I Love Yous on youtube, Annie has such a wonderful singing voice!

I can’t remember the last time I listened to any of my CD collection, these days it’s just so convenient to listen to tunes from the giant internet jukebox.

At what point does an album become un-hip and cred free? When it’s over 45 years old, almost as old as I? It might well be the last album I bought ~12 years ago! 😮

chakaping
    Free Member

Sorry Fleetwood Mac are surprisingly hip these days.

And Eurythmics/Annie Lennox are debatable.

Simply Red though, you’re shooting at an open goal mate. Ditto Marillion.

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.