Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Musselburgh / East Lothian Riders
  • tomd
    Free Member

I’m moving out this way very shortly and wondering if there are any local groups that ride or for any pointers on trails? I’m happy to get the OS map and start exploring but always nice to ride with people who know the area. Is it an opportunity for the n+1 fat bike for beach riding?

rickmeister

There is a big group of bikers out that way that do regular ride outs and a lot of beach and dune riding. Coastkid is the one to check in with.

Nice area, we lived in Musselburgh for 15yrs.. enjoy !

tomd
    Free Member

Cool, thanks. Yes looking forward to it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigbadbob
    Free Member

The Pentland Hills are only 15 minutes drive away. I go up there one or two nights a week. Seen a couple of Fat Bikes up there too. That]s if you like to ride something bumpy.

tomd
    Free Member

Managed a couple of Pentland rides over the last few weeks, some nice stuff and riding really well with the dry weather. I’ll definitely be riding there more, but also interested in stuff out East that I can do from the door.

Coastkid pointed me towards the EL biking facebook page, hopefully find some local rides through that.

grantmccall63
    Free Member

There are regular meets

stanfree
    Free Member

The Eastlothian Fb site has been quiet for a wee while as all the local trails have been wildly overgrown with nettles all summer. The Midlothian C.c boys do weekly tuesday night rides from Dalkeith country park which is a 20 minute ride from Downtown Musselburgh.

jamiemcf

Come out with Midlothian CC. Tuesdays nights normally 7pm at Dalkeith Country park entrance for midlothians finest. find us on the web or facebook

jamie

grantmccall63
    Free Member

The Meetup Edinburgh mountain bikers have a run into the Pentlands every Tuesday and Wednesday. Just need to signup.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Musselburgh / East Lothian Riders’ is closed to new replies.