Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 326 total)
  • Muslims offended again
  • FOG

I think the key point here is ‘religion’. Without wishing to spark off the latest round of the STW religious wars, I feel that religion’s only function is to make you think you are better than the non-believers [regardless of which actual religion] and that religious being offended is so much worse than any other kind.

hora
    Free Member

I didn’t see British Muslims marching in support of the UK in the aftermath of 7/7. Apart from the Muslim Council you don’t see Muslims in support of the British flag, or anything associated. Very sad and very true.

Where is the ‘not in our name/they don’t speak for us’ campaign?

Sad really. As I know some good people but theres no desire(?) .. pride? as you would get from say Sikh’s.

Also sad that as I’m ‘critising’ above in some countries it’d mean jail/death and here at home automatically a ‘racist’.

If I did the same and criticise an aspect of Christian faith/a section of the Christian community I’d be classed as ‘debating’ or having a ‘critical view’ on a subject to do with Christians.

feenster
    Free Member

I feel that religion’s only function is to make you think you are better than the non-believers

Disagree, think the idea behind religions was to try to stop people f***ing each other over all the time.

Didn’t quite work did it? Then again, maybe things would have been worse without religions.

slowoldman

“Dato Ibrahim Bin Ali, a far-Right politician, former MP and founder and president of Malay supremacist group Perkasa…”

Oh for some reason I just seem to have lost interest in your opinion.

Swelper
    Free Member

If one gets offended by religious actions of others, well, thats just life. Get over it with it and move on. No point beating the drum endlessly about it is, these people are blinkered in their religion and beliefs

hora – Member
    I didn’t see British Muslims marching in support of the UK in the aftermath of 7/7. Apart from the Muslim Council you don’t see Muslims in support of the British flag, or anything associated. Very sad and very true.

Well said, World domination is looming

Northwind

hora – Member

Yeah, because there were so many other religions marching in support of the UK, and all those other religions are always out “in support of the British flag”, whatever that even means.

How about those zoroastians eh?

mashiehood
    Free Member

I didn’t see British Muslims marching in support of the UK in the aftermath of 7/7

British Muslim here, and totally supported the UK stance after 7/7.

See some of my previous posts

Sad really. As I know some good people but theres no desire(?) .. pride? as you would get from say Sikh’s.

I am proud to be british and proud to be a muslim!

Shocking post hora!

hora
    Free Member

Yeah, because there were so many other religions marching in support of the UK, and all those other religions are always out “in support of the British flag”, whatever that even means.

Which of these have consistently been in the news for the wrong reasons?

Lifer
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

“hora – Member

I didn’t see British Muslims marching in support of the UK in the aftermath of 7/7. Apart from the Muslim Council you don’t see Muslims in support of the British flag, or anything associated. Very sad and very true.”

But it is ‘very true’ FACT

mashiehood
    Free Member

You have dug out a 7 year old article to prove what?

mashiehood
    Free Member

Something a little more recent

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/muslims-in-the-armed-forces-a-proud-tradition-9226715.html

Quote ‘To mark this, the MoD announced that, since 2007, the number of Muslims serving in the British Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force has risen by more than 40 per cent’

Lifer
    Free Member

You can prove anything with facts.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I really agree with this summary. It only takes a vocal, organised minority to cause no end of bother and this current lot of nutters are 20 million strong at a minimum and in fact it’s likely to be loads more. This is not 50 looneys like the Westboro Baptist Church it’s millions of radicalised people who are directly opposed to how we live here in the west and would violently kybosh that if they could.

Naive to think otherwise, either this radical minority is stopped or things will only get worse.

hora
    Free Member

Up 40% to 650.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Disagree, think the idea behind religions was to try to stop people f***ing each other over all the time.

Didn’t quite work did it? Then again, maybe things would have been worse without religions.
    We cannot say whether history would have been far more bloody without religion. Perhaps religion has kept the degree of disharmony in check.

wwaswas

I’m not sure that willingness to join the army and then die to preserve the lifestyle of rich white middle aged men should be how we measure how patriotic a religious community are?

Maybe Muslim youths are just a bit brighter than your average British squaddie?

Or they just see a future for themselves outside the forces in wider society that fulfills their economic and social aspirations?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Up 40% to 650.

Indeed, I am always suspicious of “fastest growing” and percentage change stats, often a cover for the difference between two small numbers.

chakaping
    Free Member

I didn’t see British Muslims marching in support of the UK in the aftermath of 7/7.

I didn’t see you doing it either.

hora
    Free Member

Im not a Muslim so how is your counter comment relevent?

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’m not sure that willingness to join the army and then die to preserve the lifestyle of rich white middle aged men should be how we measure how patriotic a religious community are?

That is a disgusting comment and shows a lack of situational awareness that is truly beyond belief.

binners

Does anyone know how many dogs are in the armed forces? Do they outnumber the muslamics?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not this again we do this everytime.

They do and they have it is just the press and idiots would rather ignore it and lie in bed scared that they want to convert us all to islam and are hell bent on taking over the world. you have google use it please…….10 seconds later

Muslim leaders have condemned the terror attacks on London and called for full co-operation with police. Muslim Council of Britain spokesman Inayat Bunglawala called on worshippers to pray for victims at Friday prayers.

It is just not true and it is at odds with the facts

Also sad that as I’m ‘critising’ above in some countries it’d mean jail/death and here at home automatically a ‘racist’.

Pretty sure the entire internet is forming the same opinion of you; you are not the sharpest tool on the internet.

If I did the same and criticise an aspect of Christian faith/a section of the Christian community I’d be classed as ‘debating’ or having a ‘critical view’ on a subject to do with Christians.

Are you claiming christians are too stupid to realise the limits of your analysis that they would label it a debate ?
    You are aware how recently we repealed blasphemy arent you? 2008 as I realise you and [researching] facts have limited interaction.

Perhaps religion has kept the degree of disharmony in check.

The evidence for that is somewhat scant. A few less Holy wars, a few less killing of each other over internal schisms as well would help your case. I agree it would not have ended it but it is hard to argue it has helped. You may as well try and argue Imperialism helped as both are expansionist and “supreme” in nature.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Someone called a dog “JOCK” !?! How very dare they?

wwaswas

how many dogs are in the armed forces?

200ish excluding mascots…

http://www.army.mod.uk/medical-services/veterinary/30499.aspx

hora
    Free Member

On a very basic level they are the men and women with sharp pointy knives protecting our way of life and our freedom.

When you join up, you join to serve. You don’t get to pick and chose your conflicts.

Messy though it was/is- Should we have just let the Loyalists on their own?

Should we have let Argentina take the Falklands? What would have happened then on the world stage?

Iraq was a mistake but what about Kuwait back in the early 90’s?

What about Bosnia/Serbia/Croat Muslims? Should we have let the Bosnia/Muslims suffer?

If we hadn’t have flown air missions in Libya- would Gaddaffi have inflicted a bloody revenge on his people?

and historically. Would we all be speak German now with no Jewish, Slav’s, any middle east faith (he would have gone after them next) people left in the world?

chakaping
    Free Member

Im not a Muslim so how is your counter comment relevent?

Because I expected you to.

As you expected the Muslims to.

That’s what’s important isn’t it?

atlaz
    Free Member

Should we have let Argentina take the Falklands? What would have happened then on the world stage?

Very little. I doubt most people knew where it was until we got in a scrap over the islands. The islanders would have had different lives but short of that, maybe you can tell us what would have happened.

hora
    Free Member

Muslim leaders have condemned the terror attacks on London and called for full co-operation with police. Muslim Council of Britain spokesman Inayat Bunglawala called on worshippers to pray for victims at Friday prayers.

See higher up – I mentioned the Muslim Council did I not?

richwales

How can dogs be unclean? Mine was always licking it’s balls clean!

digga
    Free Member

richwales – Member
    How can dogs be unclean? Mine was always licking it’s balls clean!

Landing carpets, they’re unclean.

Well our is after our dogs wiped his arse on it at any rate.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Muslims …. Barking mad the lot of them .

🙂

wwaswas

Barking mad the lot of them .

They love the place.

binners

Junkyard
    Free Member

there was no march Hora what do you want individual comments from individual Muslims saying it was bad? What do you need to realise that all but a tiny tiny percentage of muslims [ say the same number of catholics who supported the IRA or prods who supported the UDF] were not outraged.
    what about vigils for peace do they count…did you go to one?
    They were as outraged as everyone else. As you did not march it is a bit odd you use this as the measure of their opposition.

Thatcher would have lost an election would have been the biggest world change from that event i would imagine

YOU? what world changing event are you predicting then?
    Communists invaded germany?

If we hadn’t have flown air missions in Libya- would Gaddaffi have inflicted a bloody revenge on his people?

I see you have been keeping up with recent world events then Hora FACEPALM

Ro5ey
    Free Member

On the other hand…. As a Christian, I just like to say how outraged I am that.

Some of the men in that opening ceremony seemed to be wearing skirts !!

joolsburger
    Free Member

People who describe our armed forces as representing or fighting on behalf of the white middle aged men are hypocrites.

Western Europe is richer than the remainder of the world by a huge margin. Even the worst off of us in a minimum wage job is still leagues ahead, in almost every way that counts, of someone living in rural Afghanistan for example.

You may perceive yourself as in someway not part of this society but you enjoy all the benefits,you live here, you’ll consume, you’ll be involved, you are in all practical ways the white middle aged man you so deride.
    If our troops serve big business or the political classes (which I do not believe they do, although they may have done in part for example protecting oil supplies) it’s your demands and needs they are ultimately fulfilling, your need to be on the web, using energy produced in a power station, to drive a car etc etc. You can be a lilly white, tree hugging, swamp lover but your still one of us and they fight and die so indirectly you can make a crappy comment about how stupid they are to do it on a mountain bike forum.

As for it’s only a few radicals about 5.5 billion religious people on this planet, even at 5% radicals that’s a buttload of nutters that want their version of the truth imposed on everyone else. The best thing moderate muslims could do is turn atheist in my opinion.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Some of the men in that opening ceremony seemed to be wearing skirts !!

Quite unbelievable! They’ve obviously not read Exodus 2:45

Lo, unto Adam God said “You shall always wear trousers”, and you shall not worship false trousers

DezB
    Free Member

He may not have put it well, but the OP has a point about the story he posted.
    “”Malaysia and all Islamic countries deserve and apology from the organiser.
    “This is just so disrespectful to Malaysia and Muslims – especially as it happened during Ramadan. Muslims are not allowed to touch dogs, so the organiser should have been more aware and sensitive on this issue”

Piss off you idiot comes to mind.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Were the musicians offended by John Barrowman?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 326 total)

The topic ‘Muslims offended again’ is closed to new replies.