• This topic has 1,799 replies, 156 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,800 total)
  • "Muslim" terrorists attack French magazine in Paris
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Here ya go, chuckles…

Well, I can’t see anybody calling anybody a racist there.

Btw, you’d do well against JY in the Cut’n’Paste wars.

teasel
    Free Member

Well, I can’t see anybody calling anybody a racist there.

I can. It’s not even that ambiguous, especially when taken in context with the posts surrounding it. And, as Edukator points out, he asked for Junkyard to perform one of his Super Quote Posts© in order to show where he demonstrated racism. He failed to do so.

wilburt
    Free Member

Birmingham is a no-go area.

I wouldn’t go there by choice or Luton, Leicester, Dewsbury, or dozens of other areas that are substantially Muslim can you honestly say you would, how about live there with your family?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think there’s a substantial difference between saying one doesn’t fancy an area too much because, say, one’s a bit bigoted and feels a bit too shiny amongst brown people, is a bit worried about their house price or maybe taught there and experienced brown-on-white racism and saying they’re “no-go areas”.

crankboy
    Free Member

“Yeah I think it is more likely than not the Hebro attack was a false flag” I agree it is David Ike and his minions desperate to set up another conspiracy theory the dropped shoe is one of Ike’s well known “secret signatures” notice how his fake BBC address was set up well in advance and the fake article with the fake balistics expert all ready to run . notice how his devoted disciple on this forum was running similar arguments even before he linked to the fake article . notice His too quick retraction when exposed coupled with inside knowledge as to how the fake worked . notice how the disiple of Ike’s conspiracy theories seamlessly link this to the others. David Ike is running an armed false flag operation to increase his reach credibility and revenue.

crankboy
    Free Member

Either that or it is that well documented lossely affiliated islamist death cult doing what they are doing all over the world every day just this time in Paris so westerners pay more attention .17 dead Paris.

digga
    Free Member

Emerson’s comments on Birmingham, despite recent problems both with the grooming/rape gangs and also radicalisation in schools exposed in the Trojan Horse investigation, and also the undoudbted truth that some areas very much are Muslim ghettos, were far enough off the mark to be amusing. That he is considered sufficiently clued-up to be an expert witness to Congress on international terror is, frankly, chilling.

DrJ

Emerson’s comments on Birmingham

‘Fox News in “spouting complete bollox” shock’. Why does this surprise anyone?

binners

I wouldn’t go there by choice or Luton, Leicester, Dewsbury, or dozens of other areas that are substantially Muslim can you honestly say you would, how about live there with your family?

Are you serious? Really? I can honestly say I would. Because I have. Through choice. I never really gave it much thought. Why wouldn’t you live in a predominantly Muslim area? Seriously? What on earth do you think is going to happen to you? I spent years living in a one with my family. One thing ‘they’ do is have a very strong sense of community. You never get any trouble. Great local shops that everyone uses, Contrary to American ‘experts’ opinion, or tabloid scaremongering, everyones friendly enough (not in a groomey, rapey way). Sharia law isn’t enforced.

We got on very well with our Muslim (Saudi’s too – the worst of the lot, apparently) neighbours. My kids played with their kids all the time, without showing any tendency towards suicide bombing or behaeadings.

Though thinking about it, Binnerette number 2 did start expressing a preference for long sleeved tops. Mmmmmmm …. actually, you may be on to something……

Allahu akbar

jambalaya
    Free Member

Charlie Ebdo print run now being discussed as 3 million, that’s 50 times greater than normal. Front cover with image of Mohammed re-printed by numerous newspapers around Europe as well as online. As a result of the attacks fresh images will reach many millions that would previously not have seen them.

wilburt
    Free Member

one’s a bit bigoted and feels a bit too shiny amongst brown people

..or don’t want a load of look at me and my religion types wandering around telling you what you can and can’t do, shit houses because they expect allah to look after them and gangs trying to pick up kids cos white girls are trash.

* first hand experience btw before you start with the media hype ollocks.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The governments around Europe need to get a grip as this is spiralling out of their control

binners

I think it just adds another dimension to the existing european problems, that it continues to refuse to face up too. 40%+ youth unemployment in most of Southern Europe certainly isn’t going to help with social cohesion, with or without a racial, religious dimension

Interesting take on it by the ever brilliant Paul Mason, yesterday

For many on the left, tolerance comes easily. But economic disarray has sapped the will to defend our principles of rationalism and individual liberty

MSP

Your cherry picking there Jambalaya, the anti pegida protests are outnumbering the pro peggida protests, both which are massively outnumbered by the solidarity marches in France.

The remarkable thing is it isn’t spiraling out of control, there has been an incredible outpouring of solidarity and togetherness with the hate groups failing to make any sizable use of these dreadful acts to promote their vile views.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

before you start with the media hype ollocks.

Well, look, if we’re going to get all playground you-started-it-no-YOU-started-it…it wasn’t me who started the bollocks.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thanks for posting Binners – less chippy than normal from Mason. Compared with the sarcy baiting I received (plus ca change) I was interested in his colour on the anthem stuff

The latter leerily belted out the most embarrassing line of the Marseillaise – “Let’s spill the blood of the impure” – to jeers from others. The atmosphere, said my witness, “felt dangerous”.

I hope that you are correct MSP but as time passes I fear that you may not be. Social unrest is bubbling not far below the surface and economic pressure continues to mount. Just needs a spark….

As someone born and bred in B’ham, I recall the joke told by an Irish comedian in the 70s. How do you tell a true Brummie? By the shamrock in his turban. Like most things from the time, probably perceived as being not funny and unacceptable now, but with humour reflected the eclectic nature of Bham’s population that IME largely got on well in those days and still largely does. B’ham has different problems.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I recall the joke told by an Irish comedian in the 70s. How do you tell a true Brummie? By the shamrock in his turban.

Jeez, people were easily entertained back in the 70s weren’t they? 😆

(I suppose there’s always TopGear for them these days.)

sands
    Free Member

Apologies if these have already been mentioned (I did search). Thought they might be of interest.

Mayor of Rotterdam Ahmed Aboutaleb (himself a Muslim) regarding potential jihadists in the Netherlands:
    Breitbart (Oliver Lane)

“It is incomprehensible that you can turn against freedom… But if you don’t like freedom, for heaven’s sake pack your bags and leave.”

“There may be a place in the world where you can be yourself, be honest with yourself, and do not go and kill innocent journalists. And if you do not like it here because humorists you do not like make a newspaper, may I then say you can f*** off.”

“This is stupid, this so incomprehensible. Vanish from the Netherlands if you cannot find your place here. All those well-meaning Muslims here will now be stared at.”

Boris Johnson regarding Mayor Aboutaleb’s comments:
    Telegraph (Boris Johnson)

“That is the voice of the Enlightenment, of Voltaire. We can and will protect this country (UK) against these jihadist thugs. We will bug them and monitor them and arrest them and prosecute them and jail them.

But if we are going to win the struggle for the minds of these young people, then that is the kind of voice we need to hear – and it needs, above all, to be a Muslim voice.”

World Leaders Photos(on page 35 of this thread)

jivehoneyjive – Member
    Camera tricks eh…

Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Newspaper Edits Female World Leaders Out of Charlie Hebdo March

From the MEDIAite comments:
    “This is censorship of something not considered to be socially acceptable: men touching women they are not married to.”

gonzy
    Free Member

Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.”
    Anyone here able to explain to me how this incitement to violence against women, is actually an allegory/out of context?

Tom you want to back that up with a source…i.e. which verse of the Quran states this?

Edukator
    Free Member

French media are concentrating on the playground this morning. In junior’s state school the minute of silence was respected by all, in Madames’s place one kid laughed but quickly realised it was a bad idea and shut up. However, in about 60 schools many kids refused to respect the minute of silence and expressed support for the three killers.

Edit for Gonzy:

[004:034] Men are (appointed) in charge (and the caretakers) of women _ (they are held responsible for maintaining the women physically, financially, and emotionally) _ because Allah has given the one precedence over the other. Also, because they spend their means (to support the women). Thus, the virtuous women are obedient. They guard the rights of their husbands in their absence _ (the right) that Allah has upheld. If you perceive defiance (and disloyalty) from your women, admonish them, (then) keep them apart from your bed, and (then, as a last resort) beat them. If they relent and obey, do not seek the means to harass them. Of course, Allah is the most High, the Greatest!

Dave
    Free Member

..or don’t want a load of look at me and my religion types wandering around telling you what you can and can’t do, shit houses because they expect allah to look after them and gangs trying to pick up kids cos white girls are trash.

* first hand experience btw before you start with the media hype ollocks.

Nothing like a bit of stereotyping.

Lifer
    Free Member

Edukator – Troll
    However, in about 60 schools many kids refused to respect the minute of silence and expressed support for the three killers.

I’m sure there are some that did but then some teachers have said:

Stéphanie played down the incident: “It’s meant to provoke us teachers. As soon as they figure out something we don’t want to hear, they are going to say it.”

Bouchere also wondered how much of the students’ dissent was the result of personal, heart-felt convictions, and how much was the desire to provoke. He said that the student who objected to observing the minute of silence in his presence was not Muslim.

“I think his reaction is more a product of his age, to impress his fellow students. I don’t think he is repeating what he hears at home,” he said.

France 24

Although not good that anyone would support the killers.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think the kids being a bit naughty is one of those things that one will interpret in accordance with one’s own prejudices and come up with the conclusion one desired before consideration anyway.

hora
    Free Member

Why is the magazine running that front cover? Its inciting and provocative. Purely to provoke trouble. Freedom of speech is about debate and being able to voice an opinion. When its designed purely to inflame that is wrong.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When its designed purely to inflame that is wrong.

Lifer
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

I think the kids being a bit naughty is one of those things that one will interpret in accordance with one’s own prejudices and come up with the conclusion one desired before consideration anyway

Sure.

jambalaya
    Free Member

France are sending their large aircraft carrier to the gulf, it is expected to participate in increased air strikes against ISIS. With Cameron due in Washington on Thursday it seems the West will respond to the Paris attacks with increased direct actions against IS

France expected to send its largest warship to the gulf to fight Islamic State

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Tragic bloodbath yes, but – can’t help thinking that this:

Charlie Ebdo print run now being discussed as 3 million, that’s 50 times greater than normal. Front cover with image of Mohammed re-printed by numerous newspapers around Europe as well as online. As a result of the attacks fresh images will reach many millions that would previously not have seen them.

is just a teensy-weensy bit “Four Lions”…

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

large aircraft carrier to the gulf, it is expected to participate in increased air strikes

[insert American accent] “We gonna kills us sum of thoze them Muslim types buoy” [/]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Your cherry picking there Jambalaya, the anti pegida protests are outnumbering the pro peggida protests, both which are massively outnumbered by the solidarity marches in France.

The marches in Paris where about respondng to the terrorist attacks, quite different to the anti Pegida marches in Germany. I went to Trafalgar Square to show solidarity with the French and defiance of terrorism.

Yes indeed there where anti-Pegida marches which in total outnumber Pegida in Dresden but in that city itself according to the BBC it was 35,000 Pegida vs 7,000 anti.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Edukator, yes we saw on BFM TV reporting that some schools kids as young as 10 where refusing to honour the minutes silence as they said the cartoonists had insulted the Prohphet. I posted on this a few pages back. In fairness the Imam on the programme was quite concerned about what these kids must be hearing at home.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Still cherry-picking then. As you were.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why is the magazine running that front cover? Its inciting and provocative. Purely to provoke trouble. Freedom of speech is about debate and being able to voice an opinion. When its designed purely to inflame that is wrong.

Well it’s clearly a massive two fingers (or I guess one middle finger) to the extremists who have attempted to silence the magazine.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dd, its a debate, as always feel free to put your point of view. As in France the far right in Germany is at record highs in the polls. It was obvious the events in France would lead to a significant increase in the Peguda demonstration.

just5minutes
    Free Member

Well this should make this year’s summer holiday destination choice easier – the Prime Minister of Turkey is now on record as saying that the massacre in Paris was actually staged by the French as an excuse to attack Islam and Muslims:

“The duplicity of the west is obvious,” Recep Tayyip Erdogan said at a press conference on Monday evening. “As Muslims we have never sided with terror or massacres: racism, hate speech, Islamophobia are behind these massacres. The culprits are clear: French citizens undertook this massacre and Muslims were blamed for it,

The leader of Turkey’s AK Party goes one better:

Mossad [the Israeli intelligence service] is definitely behind such incidents?.?.?.?it is boosting enmity towards Islam.” Mr Gokcek linked the attacks to French moves towards recognising Palestine. And Ali Sahin, a member of Turkey’s parliament and foreign affairs spokesman for the AK party, last week set out eight reasons why he suspected the killings were staged so that “the attack will be blamed on Muslims and Islam

This is just unbelievable but quite in line with last night’s BBC Panorama which focussed on the efforts of extremists in the UK to portray Islam as being “under attack” and thus justify their murderous ideology.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8e9e4ac6-9a6e-11e4-8426-00144feabdc0.html?ftcamp=published_links%2Frss%2Fhome_uk%2Ffeed%2F%2Fproduct&siteedition=uk#axzz3OhBm7ezU

binners

Because if this has done anything, its shown that the vast majority of people in France are in favour of free speech over violent tyranny. And they believe this is a cause worth fighting for.

Other than the fact that it actually features the prophet, which some seem to think is off limits in iitself, it isn’t provocative at all. Far from it. Its very mild. Indeed there isn’t really a comparison with the original cartoons which provoked all the outrage. I’m sure the professionally outraged will still be outraged, and continue to fail to understand the real concept of Freedom of Speech

Any suggestions on what they would have run as an alternative? A picture of some kittens perhaps?

MSP

It was obvious the events in France would lead to a significant increase in the Peguda demonstration.

Well it went from 18000 a few weeks ago to 25000 this week.

However anti Pegida demonstrations this week have attendances of 30,000 in Leipzig, 20,000 in Munich and 19,000 in Hanover.

wwaswas

I’ve already felt the light touch of the mods on this thread but this is brilliant so I’ll risk it;

Muslim Mayor of Rotterdam on live TV;

It’s incomprehensible that you turn against freedom like that, but if you don’t like this freedom, for heaven’s sake, get your suitcase, and leave. There might be a place where you belong, and be honest with yourself about that, don’t kill innocent journalists.

This is so backwards, so incomprehensible, go away if you can’t find your place in The Netherlands, or accept the society we want to build here, because we only want people, including all those Muslims, and all those well-intentioned Muslims, who may be looked at with suspicion, we want to keep all those people together in what I call the “We Society”. And if you don’t like it here because you don’t like the humorists who make a little newspaper – if I may dare say so – just **** off.

warnign link contains nsfw word (abbreviated in the link itself);

[edit] link auto moderated. Google it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

its a debate

That’s quite funny. Thanks. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think more likely than not the Hebdo attack is a false flag.

I think more than likely you think any event is a false flag

As for going to far with insult, how do people rate Junkyard calling me a racist earlier in the thread but then failing to provide quotes when asked?

Reread it in what world have I called you a racist.
    Its a general quote as I am sure your post , to which i was replying, was a general point. FWIW all I was doing was the same as you; a vague and imprecise attack against folk whose views I do not agree with. Amusingly you said some forum members had turned being offended into an art form and then you then react like this oh the irony. Clearly I did a better job than you. Perhaps you will reflect on why they are a shitty thing to do ? I cannot believe I have needed to explain this and await the Edinburgh charge rather than you thinking about it.

he generally tends to insult

Its true I have a fairly low threshold to idiots on here and its true I do often insult them and folk. I do try [ or at least like to think I try], though clearly I don’t always achieve it, to be trying to make a point when I do rather than just compare folk to male genitalia. I realise that this distinction is too difficult for our more simple forum members* to grasp.

in about 60 schools many kids refused to respect the minute of silence and expressed support for the three killers.

Are you saying this so we can applaud them for the freedom of choice and support their right to dissent and stick up two fingers up to the [western] establishment or because what they have done offends you?

Pretty decent cartoon by Hebdo I would say and fairly restrained given events
    Lady was interviewed on Radio 4 explained it pretty well

*See what I did there eh get it 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,800 total)

The topic ‘"Muslim" terrorists attack French magazine in Paris’ is closed to new replies.