Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Muslim Extremists
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Definitely time for a change of approach.

So far there’s been a startling lack of bleached hair, oversized shorts, bungee jumping and use of the word ‘rad’. I’m starting to wonder whether these chaps have ever actually watched a Pepsi Max advert.

eddie1971
    Free Member

Opening post ? Preachers of hatred wasn’t it ?

grum
    Free Member

Where should we send them packing to?

scousebri
    Free Member

Where should we send them packing to?

Scotland.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

dickieboy – Member
    Is now the time to take a different approach when dealing with preachers of hate against the west?

Yes. Emphatically, yes.

Let’s stop trying to force them to become us. Let’s try understanding them a little better, educating ourselves more about who they are, what they believe and why they may be behaving in this way. An appreciation of historical context and current situation will help.

Once we have done that and we have an idea of how we may help them in a way that is acceptable and appreciated by them, we can start to provide them with aid, support, medicine, other things that may help them achieve what they consider a better quality of life.

It’s hard to convince a group of people to hate someone who is genuinely helping them and the ones they love.

I would suggest that this may be a better approach than some of the US led education and change programmes we have seen in the past.

Just my tuppence worth.

yunki
    Free Member

rogerthecat for PM..!!

Good stuff

CountZero

Let’s stop trying to force them to become us. Let’s try understanding them a little better, educating ourselves more about who they are, what they believe and why they may be behaving in this way. An appreciation of historical context and current situation will help.

The only problem I can see with this approach, especially in connection with the pond life who perpetrated this atrocity in Woolwich is that at least one of them, although of Nigerian parentage, was actually born in England, and raised a Christian, converting to Islam around ten years ago*. So exactly how do you stop forcing them to ‘become us’, when they are ‘us’ in the first place…
    *According to the BBC news on 6Music earlier today.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Countzero– the cat was pleading for empathy, regarding imperialism/colonialism and how that legacy and ongoing ideology is bad for all of us– in other words the root cause of problem, not its manifestation– a rogue form of islamic extremism– well thats how i read it ….so + 2 from me !!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Muslim Extremists’ is closed to new replies.