Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Music Magpie or somewhere else?
  • JCornford

I’m clearing out CD’s and DVD’s and was wondering who you would recommend? Music Magpie is hassle free but low prices, who have you used?

steveoath
    Free Member

Charity shop?

mattbee

Music Magpie also take an absolute age to actually pay you…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just sent 55 CD’s & DVD’s to Music Magpie. £16.50 for the lot, Charidee shop gets all the other stuff, clothes, books etc. Car boot sale is a no no, you sell a 1/4 of the stuff for nowt & bring the rest back. MMpie paid up in about 2 weeks last time.

Drac

Just sent 55 CD’s & DVD’s to Music Magpie. £16.50 for the lot,

Somewhere else then.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Somewhere else then.

The charity shop is actually next door to the drop off for MM. I gave 2 bags of stuff to the charity shop & dropped the other box off next door & got £16 for it.
    Am I missing something here?

Northwind

Musicmagpie and sites like it are quite good at sorting wheat from chaff, I ended up dropping a load of stuff into a charity bin, and anything they thought was worth more than a quid or so I went over to ebay, most stuff I ended up selling on there for a lot more. Everything that didn’t sell on ebay or had a piddly value, I slung on musicmagpie, it’s not a lot of money but it’s better than nothing

Oh, and I gave some interesting but worthless stuff to a used music shop I like, at least there’s a chance someone else picks it up. I thought it might be weird but apparently it happens a lot with music.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Music Magpie or somewhere else?’ is closed to new replies.