Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mushroom soup recipe?
  • ton

anyone got a idiet friendly mushroom soup recipe.

i have a kilo of nearly gone big flat black shrooms to use, and i am loathe to throw em away.

cynic-al
    Free Member

generic soup recipe:

fry onions in butter with S&P

Add fry-able ingredients (MUSHROOMS)

fry a bit

add stock

simmer a bit

blend

maybe add milk/cream (I would)

Also the internet has huge amounts of recipes.

grtdkad

Mushrooms.

Essential.

HtH

BigJohn

I always keep bones (chicken usually) and boil them up with some carrot and onion to make stock. I then put the (cooled) pan in the fridge, scrape off the fat that settles on top, reduce it further by boiling and when this sets wrap it up in clingfilm and stick it in the freezer.

I’ve got several of these little packets in there right now, all waiting to be turned into gravy, soup or a “jus” (excuse my French). I’ve just cycled back from town on my newly powdercoated stealth Soul with a load of fish bones and heads to make a lovely hake, mussels, wild mushrooms and scallops “nage” tonight.

Home made stock is much better for you because it contains no added salt. And tastes bootiful.

Anyhoo, assuming you are going the low fat route, Ton, I would just chop mushrooms, onions, carrots, and maybe celery, fennel (if you like an aniseedy flavour) and boil them up in either stock or plain water (white wine too would be good (I prefer Noilly Prat for this as it’s herby)

Strain off the veg after 30 mins or so then boil what’s left to reduce it until it tastes perfect.

Have it on its own, thicken with either cream, butter or flour if you’re on a day off, or use it as a stock for making a sauce with chicken fish or whatever.

Albanach
    Free Member

Add some blue cheese as well…although if you’re on a diet nae joy 😀

ton

thanks for the tips and ideas.

went for,
    1 large onion
    3 cloves of garlic
    chopped and sweated off in a nob of butter (allowed on the primal plan)
    chopped all the shrooms, and added them with a pinch of thyme
    pint of stock
    plenty of black pepper, pinch of salt.
    simmered for 30 mins
    then blended and hey presto.
    pretty intense mushroom soup 8)

BigJohn

Thighs of oak but knob of butter.

I like my food as much as anybody and I’m on the iDave plan.

I don’t find any problem having great tasting meals that fill me up. My latest find is Lentils Verts (green puy lentils) which you can add to all sorts of things instead of spuds or bread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mushroom soup recipe?’ is closed to new replies.