Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Muscle massage gun recommendations?
  • jammiedodger
    Free Member

Any one use a massage gun such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/ABOX-Hand-Held-Massager-Ultra-Quiet-Percussion/dp/B07WZY5TD9
    I am looking to get one, but there is so much choice over a wide price range. Has anyone got a recommended brand? Thanks

footflaps

I just use a £1.99 LaCross ball….

anagallis_arvensis

That lady who does bike reviews popped up on my facebook on an add for one recently. She looked like she liked it.

jimdubleyou

Where can you buy a lacrosse ball for £1.99? When I was playing (10 years ago) they were £4!

footflaps

I got mine from Ebay IIRC.

docgeoffyjones

If you have a jigsaw or reciprocated saw you can get massage attachments for them.

turboferret

This is what I have, although not used it much, looks very similar to that Amazon link, but half the price

lerk
    Free Member

Surprised I’m not the first, but:

“Massage”

northernremedy

I think the issue the OP has is you can’t get a massage currently, nor is there any sight of when you can!

OP I’ve been looking at the same, to compliment foam roller. Googling brings many vague reviews with people saying ‘theragun is best’ but never really why, and a complete lack of seemingly impartial advice.

peekay

The Hitachi Magic Wand is apparently very popular for a particular sort of massage.

cookeaa

And I note Lovehoney are one of STWs preferred advertising partners (see the top of the forum index page)

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Lacrosse ball and an increased pain threshold.
    If the problem is caused from muscle imbalances, then that needs sorting as well.

DickBarton

Local sports massage therapy centre is opening from tomorrow (I think), so once the flood of athletes are all booked in, you’ll probably get an appointment in a few days.

Earl
    Free Member

or a car buffer?

BUFF

AdamT

Reviving this thread to see if the OP bought one? I’ve got a degenerative neck issue and the consultant has said that massage can help. Wondered if people have real world experience of these things? Note that I already have multiple foam rollers and lacrosse balls etc, but figured these would be a bit more active?

theotherjonv

what’s distinct about a lacrosse ball as opposed to any other hard ball?

footflaps

what’s distinct about a lacrosse ball as opposed to any other hard ball?

I guess size and hardness are just about perfect for pressure point release. It also has just enough friction to be able to use it against a wall, by leaning on it. If it drops, it bounces and doesn’t do any damage.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I guess size and hardness are just about perfect for pressure point release.

jammiedodger
    Free Member

I borrowed the model above of a friend to try, but after looking at reviews articles etc, opted for a cheaper model. It’s not come yet, but is dispatched, I’ll report back.

ajaj
    Free Member

degenerative neck issue and the consultant has said that massage can help

There’s a difference between massage and beating. Those percussive tools are generally used on big muscles like the quads or glutes where, even if they don’t work, the chance of them doing harm is low.

tomtomthepipersson

I looked at getting one of these but after trying one out found that it’s not that easy to massage your back and shoulders with the gun type design. Opted for one of these Wahl deep tissue massagers in the end – works a treat.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Muscle massage gun recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.